In The Box
Once we have cut through the hermetically sealed packaging, we are left with the player, a set of earphones, a USB cable, a lanyard, a cloth bag for storing your device and accessories, a small instruction manual and a driver/utility disk. You will have everything necessary out of the box to handle your needs except the media content. Let's take a closer look at some of the key areas of this device.
Starting with the accessories brings us to the USB cable. While not that different from any other USB driven device component, it is important to note that this player is completely powered by this connection. There is no other external power source used for this player. Even the internal rechargeable battery is recharged by means of the USB cable; very nice.
To be able to hear your media content, you will need some sort of earphone device. Included with the MP4 F610 is an in-the-ear plug that delivers acceptable sound. I am not a big fan of this type of earplug, but that is a personal preference and not a fault with the player. X-Micro was simply looking for a means to deliver your audio output in as small a package as possible, and they succeeded in this aspect.
For those (like myself) who don't prefer this type of speaker setup, you will be pleased to note that the speaker jack used on the earplugs are of the industry standard variety and your favorite headphones will work easily. Just realize that if you are working with any sort of powered speaker device, you will want to make sure that the speakers are powered externally since this device will not deliver enough power to make them work otherwise.
The CD disk shown above includes drivers for Win98 based systems and a utility that allows you to play nearly any media format commonly used. It is the mini-CD format, so make sure your optical drive has the center cutout for the smaller disks. Before we go into more detail about the conversion process, let's take a peek at the actual device.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google Daydream to have 11 devices by the end of 2017
- Nokia's flagship will be announced on August 16th
- Nintendo hits $1.37 billion in net sales in Q1 earnings
- Splatoon 2 sells 670,995 copies in 3 days in Japan
- AMD shares rise 8% riding Ryzen and GPU excitement
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available