Pentium 4 2.0GHz in all its glory
what's that old saying? "A picture is worth a thousand words". Well, we will let the pictures below speak for themselves.
Here we see a picture of the Intel Pentium 4 2Ghz CPU in the mPGA 478 packaging.
The two pictures above show the Intel i850 chipset used. The first picture is of the Northbridge's rather large passive cooling system. I think Intel should have opted for the Active cooling. The bottom picture shows the actual chipset. Packaged in the OLGA package, the i850 Northbridge resembles the old 0.25um Slot 1 Pentium 3 core.
From the picture above, you can see how Intel has modified the ATX back panel. The Keyboard, Mouse, LTP, COM and USB ports are all in the same position; however, Intel has added a second set of 2 USB ports and a NIC interface (NIC comes in rather handy for a Micro ATX motherboard). Also the audio ports have been modified. The ports sit horizontally rather than vertically and the Gameport has been totally removed.
Last but not least, the largest stock heatsink ever. While the Intel Pentium 4 does put out slightly more heat that the Pentium III CPU it doesn't put anywhere near enough to need a heatsink this big. This is the kind of baby you would love to have on one of your super clocked AMD Athlon CPU's. Weighing in at over 1KG, this heatsink uses a 2700RPM 60mm Intel stock fan. The heatsink/fan combo makes very little noise and does a fantastic job of keeping the CPU cool. During full load we only got the CPU up to 33 degrees Celsius. That's a pretty good sign for overclockers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Impressive! 1 billion people used Facebook in just one day
- Valve is bundling Rocket League with the Steam Controller
- Acer is welcoming a takeover of the company after share prices tumble
- HTC will have a 'limited number' of Vive VR headsets this year
- Microsoft announces that Forza Motorsport 6 has gone gold
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20