After reviewing my first GeForce2MX based card, I can say that it managed to do a lot better than I thought it would. I've been using a GTS based card for well over a year now, and just never thought that any of the Budget cards would be able to handle the stresses of 3D Gaming. I'm happy to say that I'm mistaken in that area. The OCZ Titan II MX card was able to handle gaming quite well, and even when I tested it at 1600 x 1200 resolution at 32-bit color depth, it still managed to chug right along. Not bad for a card that's going in at just under US$90.
While I was a bit startled at the amount of artifacts appearing in the 3dMark2001 benchmark, I realized that though the MX chipset is a pretty solid player, it does have its limitations and that program managed to max out its ability to function.
The cooling was also a nice touch, as was the added converter. Any time that you can fight off heat, you're going to end up a winner in the long run. It's nice to see that a company that deals with overclockers actually uses a bit of common sense and makes a product that has us in mind.
Bottom line...If you're in the market for a dependable video card but don't have much money to spend, then take a serious look at this one. It's a good performer, reasonably priced, and comes overclocked right from the store. That's a WIN-WIN-WIN situation if you ask me.
Plenty of TIM applied
Fast for an MX card
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Germany to Facebook: Stop collecting Whatsapp user data
- OBS Studio adds support for AMD Video Coding Engine
- Halo 5, Forza Horizon 3 first games with Microsoft DRM
- How to get 1TB of lifetime cloud storage for only $39
- NASA finds strong evidence of water plumes on Europa
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now