After reviewing my first GeForce2MX based card, I can say that it managed to do a lot better than I thought it would. I've been using a GTS based card for well over a year now, and just never thought that any of the Budget cards would be able to handle the stresses of 3D Gaming. I'm happy to say that I'm mistaken in that area. The OCZ Titan II MX card was able to handle gaming quite well, and even when I tested it at 1600 x 1200 resolution at 32-bit color depth, it still managed to chug right along. Not bad for a card that's going in at just under US$90.
While I was a bit startled at the amount of artifacts appearing in the 3dMark2001 benchmark, I realized that though the MX chipset is a pretty solid player, it does have its limitations and that program managed to max out its ability to function.
The cooling was also a nice touch, as was the added converter. Any time that you can fight off heat, you're going to end up a winner in the long run. It's nice to see that a company that deals with overclockers actually uses a bit of common sense and makes a product that has us in mind.
Bottom line...If you're in the market for a dependable video card but don't have much money to spend, then take a serious look at this one. It's a good performer, reasonably priced, and comes overclocked right from the store. That's a WIN-WIN-WIN situation if you ask me.
Plenty of TIM applied
Fast for an MX card
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple's upcoming 21.5-inch iMac should feature a 4K display
- ASUS unveils a new super-powered gaming notebook that is watercooled
- Every single Deus Ex game can be purchased for under $7 right now
- Forza Motorsport 6 launch trailer is here, 1080p 60FPS on the Xbox One
- 6S Marketing hopes Apple names new phone the iPhone 7, not iPhone 6s
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- Are these the same?
- Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015