After reviewing my first GeForce2MX based card, I can say that it managed to do a lot better than I thought it would. I've been using a GTS based card for well over a year now, and just never thought that any of the Budget cards would be able to handle the stresses of 3D Gaming. I'm happy to say that I'm mistaken in that area. The OCZ Titan II MX card was able to handle gaming quite well, and even when I tested it at 1600 x 1200 resolution at 32-bit color depth, it still managed to chug right along. Not bad for a card that's going in at just under US$90.
While I was a bit startled at the amount of artifacts appearing in the 3dMark2001 benchmark, I realized that though the MX chipset is a pretty solid player, it does have its limitations and that program managed to max out its ability to function.
The cooling was also a nice touch, as was the added converter. Any time that you can fight off heat, you're going to end up a winner in the long run. It's nice to see that a company that deals with overclockers actually uses a bit of common sense and makes a product that has us in mind.
Bottom line...If you're in the market for a dependable video card but don't have much money to spend, then take a serious look at this one. It's a good performer, reasonably priced, and comes overclocked right from the store. That's a WIN-WIN-WIN situation if you ask me.
Plenty of TIM applied
Fast for an MX card
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Head of Sony VR resigns to work on other VR projects
- Paragon PlayStation 4 test allows for PC cross-play functionality
- Sonic the Hedgehog movie in the works with Sony at the helm
- North Korean Satellite tumbling out of control, not even functional
- DriveClub update brings hardcore handling to let you crash easier
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance