Inside the ABIT Box
ABIT's theme for the AW9D Max is a samurai theme. The box is dark and mysterious on the front with just the name, model number and a picture of a dude with a sword. The new ABIT logo also appears on this box which is the first time we have seen it on the packaging.
The back of the box is where ABIT has done its best. There is a full detailed description of all the features that the board supports as well as a large colour picture of the board itself with no mysteries on what you are getting here.
ABIT provides 2 quick start manuals and 1 full fledged user manual. 1 of the quick start manual explains the installation of the board into the chassis and the second explains the uGURU operations.
ABIT's CD and FDD package is quite extensive. There are 3 floppy disks, 1 for the Silicon Image 3132 chip for 32-bit Windows, 1 for the 3132 controller for XP 64-bit and 1 FDD for the Intel ICH7R controller which has XP and XP64 drivers. The included CD has drivers and software for Windows and Linux and the included software that ABIT brings to the party.
In the first of our cable bundle we have 1 rounded IDE cable with 2 drive support, 1 rounded FDD cable, a USB/Firewire PCI riser combo and a Toslink cable. ABIT is the first company we have seen who include a Toslink cable in their packages.
Our last cable bundle gives us 7 SATA cables - that's right, ABIT is the first also to give you as many SATA cables as you have SATA ports on your board, which definitely goes a long way to complimenting the "MAX" model name. An SLI link connector is included into the package, which means we may see 975X supporting SLI very shortly but that is by no means confirmed and you shouldn't count on it at this stage. Lastly is the rear I/O shield for use in ATX cases.
Like DFI, ABIT has moved its audio ports to a separate daughter board. The daughter board contains the actual codec chip, so without this board installed, the onboard audio will be disabled completely. There are 6 stereo audio ports for 7.1 audio and 1 Toslink port on the rear of the case. Inside on the board there is a Front Audio panel connector and a CD-In audio connector. The board plugs into what ABIT calls an AudioMAX audio port located at the bottom of the board - it looks somewhat like a PCI Express x1 slot in reverse and it designed to reduce the amount of noise interference compared to traditional solutions although it is debatable if this actually makes any difference but you be the judge.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Package and Contents]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 30% discount with Nintendo's Europe Birthday Promotion
- Watch Metallica's themed gameplay trailer that failed
- Dead Rising 4 has 18 holes of mini golf to play through
- Star Wars Battlefront DLC pack announced for November 18
- Xbox boss says Nintendo has 'bold vision' with Switch
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system