What can I say but WOW! When I first received this product for testing, I read through the feature list and it reads like a dream sheet. Sure Corsair said it was for enthusiasts, but so many other companies make the same claims. After taking some time to get to know this unit, however, I can only say that they were right!
The modular design isn't a new concept, but I think that the folks at Corsair actually listened to reviewers and did everything they could to make certain they did it right. The great flexibility offered with the included cabling shows they know that every machine is different, but that they can make sure their power supply is right for you. Another huge plus is the automatic adjustment of power levels across the 12v rail. If you happen to be running an older Athlon XP system, this won't have a whole lot of merit for you, but anything running Athlon 64 and newer (including Intel rigs) needs a solid 12v rail to maximize stability.
On the flip side of the coin, the only gripe I could come up with was the noted FDD splitter being a little short if you happen to be running a DFI mainboard AND a floppy drive. Otherwise, this power supply is something that dreams are made of.
As far as price is concerned, this unit does not come cheap. Of course, power supplies quit being cheap when we discovered a need for something more than a generic steel box with wires coming out of it. This beast will set you back in the neighborhood of US$180, but then if you are an enthusiast, you already know that your system needs the best you can get.
Bottom line... When it comes to power supplies, one thing is for certain; you should always get the best you can afford. When it comes to that term BEST, make sure to add the Corsair 620HX to your short list of potential candidates. With near perfect power across all rails and a feature list that is extraordinary, you simply cannot go wrong.
Exceptional power along all rails
Almost no drop in voltage when under load
Very clean modular design
Compatible with nearly all systems
Great deal of flexibility
FDD splitter length
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's MUST HAVE Editor's Choice Award!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard announces a new voice chat app for desktops
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 375.57 drivers are ready for BF1
- Sony added 1GB of DRAM to the PS4 Pro, joins 8GB GDDR5
- Oceanhorn hit record sales, teases Switch development
- New Plants Vs Zombies: Heroes launches on iOS & Android
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system