What can I say but WOW! When I first received this product for testing, I read through the feature list and it reads like a dream sheet. Sure Corsair said it was for enthusiasts, but so many other companies make the same claims. After taking some time to get to know this unit, however, I can only say that they were right!
The modular design isn't a new concept, but I think that the folks at Corsair actually listened to reviewers and did everything they could to make certain they did it right. The great flexibility offered with the included cabling shows they know that every machine is different, but that they can make sure their power supply is right for you. Another huge plus is the automatic adjustment of power levels across the 12v rail. If you happen to be running an older Athlon XP system, this won't have a whole lot of merit for you, but anything running Athlon 64 and newer (including Intel rigs) needs a solid 12v rail to maximize stability.
On the flip side of the coin, the only gripe I could come up with was the noted FDD splitter being a little short if you happen to be running a DFI mainboard AND a floppy drive. Otherwise, this power supply is something that dreams are made of.
As far as price is concerned, this unit does not come cheap. Of course, power supplies quit being cheap when we discovered a need for something more than a generic steel box with wires coming out of it. This beast will set you back in the neighborhood of US$180, but then if you are an enthusiast, you already know that your system needs the best you can get.
Bottom line... When it comes to power supplies, one thing is for certain; you should always get the best you can afford. When it comes to that term BEST, make sure to add the Corsair 620HX to your short list of potential candidates. With near perfect power across all rails and a feature list that is extraordinary, you simply cannot go wrong.
Exceptional power along all rails
Almost no drop in voltage when under load
Very clean modular design
Compatible with nearly all systems
Great deal of flexibility
FDD splitter length
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's MUST HAVE Editor's Choice Award!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 4-player coop mode coming to Watch Dogs 2 in June
- The first images from the new Tomb Raider movie are here
- First 'IT' trailer brings Pennywise back to terrify
- ASUS announces GTX 1080 11Gbps, GTX 1060 9Gbps models
- MSI and ASUS tease new GTX 1080s with 11Gbps GDDR5X RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design