ASUS keeps going from strength to strength with its motherboards, and with the new joint venture with Gigabyte, yet another great motherboard company, we are bound to see some very interesting products and more of them.
The ASUS Crosshair motherboard is extremely powerful and stacked with impressive features for the gamer and overclocker and some which we've never seen before but that power comes at a price. While it is a faster board than the new DFI NF590, it also has a higher price tag than the DFI board. If you want the extra features and can afford this board it is a better option but if you want something that is more on your budget level, ASUS is too far up there, DFI will be better for you with a cheaper price tag.
Overall we were suitably impressed with the ASUS Crosshair motherboard performance and its impressive and unique features but its price tag needs a pole volt to get over. If you have a big enough pole volt, we are quite sure you will also be suitably impressed with ASUS' first "Republic of Gamers" motherboard.
Great software bundle
Dual X16 slots for SLI
Onboard LED's to help install components in the dark
Silent heatpipe design
Pricey (but get what you pay for!)
Placement of power connectors could have been better
- Latest Pricing
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Features Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Package and Contents]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 takes 5 minutes to load on PS4
- Blizzard working on new mobile games
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White: dual-slot GTX 1080 Ti
- The Division receives loadout feature in PTR patch
- CliffyB: AAA games in a 'weird spot', VR in '80s' period
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club