ASUS has been amongst the forefront of PC technology since the Pentium 3 Slot 1 days - in fact, ASUS is by far the most tried motherboard manufacturer out there for consumers. There have been exceptional products from this company and there have been some shockers, but through it all, ASUS has lived and learned what makes for a good IT company, and has stood the test of time.
Now with the ASUS and Gigabyte co-operative, we are bound to see even more come from ASUS in an attempt to take out the high road not only from its partner Gigabyte but to stay on top of the IT market.
ASUS today have provided us with a new motherboard designed to be the ultimate gamer's motherboard for the AM2 platform; it is part of the new "Republic of Gamers" series from the Taiwan company. Designed with hardcore gamers and overclockers in mind, this board looks more like an amusement park than a board with tubes, pipes and lovely colours.
Today we test out the ASUS Crosshair motherboard based on the nForce 590SLI chipset from nVidia. How will it compare to our DFI 590SLI board? Let's have a look and see what it has to offer for the gamer, it' target buyer.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Package and Contents]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- OnePlus blames third-parties for faulty USB Type-C cable and adapter
- 4Chan fights terrorism with humor, photoshopping rubber ducks on ISIS
- Russian hackers have scraped over $790 million in three years
- Online store, Yatango, closes shop and leaves buyers hanging
- Carbon lattice material now set for use in high-end microphones
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis