ASUS has been amongst the forefront of PC technology since the Pentium 3 Slot 1 days - in fact, ASUS is by far the most tried motherboard manufacturer out there for consumers. There have been exceptional products from this company and there have been some shockers, but through it all, ASUS has lived and learned what makes for a good IT company, and has stood the test of time.
Now with the ASUS and Gigabyte co-operative, we are bound to see even more come from ASUS in an attempt to take out the high road not only from its partner Gigabyte but to stay on top of the IT market.
ASUS today have provided us with a new motherboard designed to be the ultimate gamer's motherboard for the AM2 platform; it is part of the new "Republic of Gamers" series from the Taiwan company. Designed with hardcore gamers and overclockers in mind, this board looks more like an amusement park than a board with tubes, pipes and lovely colours.
Today we test out the ASUS Crosshair motherboard based on the nForce 590SLI chipset from nVidia. How will it compare to our DFI 590SLI board? Let's have a look and see what it has to offer for the gamer, it' target buyer.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Package and Contents]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV is the new Skyrim
- Battlefield 1 rumored to get support for HDR soon
- Star Wars Battlefront II's new trailer looks INCREDIBLE
- NVIDIA announces SLI/HDR support for Shadow of War on PC
- ASUS B250 Mining Expert board: support for 19 x GPUs
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience