When the dust settles and all the tests are completed, we find ourselves looking at a very workable cooling solution. Ambient temperatures were on par with all previous testing and the smaller temperature differential speaks very well for the Gigabyte 3D Rocket II HSF. With its dual fan design and heatpipe technology, it performs very well and should have little problems with nearly any system out there.
The large footprint might turn some off, but it is simply a means to enhance a design that must sit taller than other coolers simply because of the technology in use. I have seen others that are just hulks sitting on top of their heatpipes. Gigabyte decided to do something about it and give it a unique look. Add to this the LED lighting and you have a cooler that will catch the eye of your neighbor at your next LAN.
As far as price is concerned, you can expect to shell out just under $60 USD for this behemoth. It is just a little higher than other similar models, but not terribly so.
Bottom line... If you're in the market for a solid performing cooler that has a little more aesthetic appeal than other models, take a hard look at the Gigabyte 3D Rocket II HSF. With its heatpipe technology, LED lighting and very good performance, it should certainly be on your short list of potential candidates.
Excellent temperature differential between idle and load
Very tall profile may scare some off
- Latest Pricing
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Features Award!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dark Souls developer's next game will be on PlayStation VR
- AMD's upcoming Radeon R9 M480 rocks a Polaris 11 GPU
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare ARG reveals faction details
- PNY launches its new GeForce GTX 950/GTX 960 XLR8 OC series
- AMD's next-gen Polaris GPUs get busted on GFXBench
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition (RSCE) 16.4.2 Overview
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched