What can I say but WOW! The Leadtek GeForce3 TD blew my socks off completely! I was expecting impressive performance, and this card sure delivered it. It was obviously clear that nVidia has spent considerable time and effort improving the features and visual quality of the GeForce series, instead of simply boosting performance.
This product disappointed me in a way, by making my brand new 1GHz Pentium III look antiquated! Anyone who considers this card should ideally have at least a 1.2GHz AMD Athlon, or a 1.5GHz Pentium 4 to obtain the most from it. Pentium III and Celeron users need not apply, unless you intend to upgrade in the future. Otherwise you are simply not getting your money's worth out of the card.
Leadtek really has a winner with the GeForce3 TD. Combining multiple outputs, an awesome cooling system and excellent image quality, what could possibly be wrong? One word, PRICE. AU$950-$1000 is a lot of money; especially to spend on a graphics card. I don't believe that this will stop people from buying it though as the hardcore enthusiast/gamer will not be disappointed.
This card was rather difficult to rate, but here are the pros and cons:
Fastest 3D Graphics card for the PC...has no equal!
Impressive 2D and 3D image quality
Excellent software bundle
Cool looking HSF design
Runs quite warm (well ventilated case a must)
Need über powerful system to achieve full potential
Distributor wants it back
Rating - 8.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is basically a Note7 but cheaper
- Nintendo Switch gameplay graphics are subject to change
- Final Fantasy 15 could get co-op mode in the future
- Nintendo Switch comes to life - as a stuffed dog
- Xbox Live Gold subscribers get 4 new games next month
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards