What can I say but WOW! The Leadtek GeForce3 TD blew my socks off completely! I was expecting impressive performance, and this card sure delivered it. It was obviously clear that nVidia has spent considerable time and effort improving the features and visual quality of the GeForce series, instead of simply boosting performance.
This product disappointed me in a way, by making my brand new 1GHz Pentium III look antiquated! Anyone who considers this card should ideally have at least a 1.2GHz AMD Athlon, or a 1.5GHz Pentium 4 to obtain the most from it. Pentium III and Celeron users need not apply, unless you intend to upgrade in the future. Otherwise you are simply not getting your money's worth out of the card.
Leadtek really has a winner with the GeForce3 TD. Combining multiple outputs, an awesome cooling system and excellent image quality, what could possibly be wrong? One word, PRICE. AU$950-$1000 is a lot of money; especially to spend on a graphics card. I don't believe that this will stop people from buying it though as the hardcore enthusiast/gamer will not be disappointed.
This card was rather difficult to rate, but here are the pros and cons:
Fastest 3D Graphics card for the PC...has no equal!
Impressive 2D and 3D image quality
Excellent software bundle
Cool looking HSF design
Runs quite warm (well ventilated case a must)
Need über powerful system to achieve full potential
Distributor wants it back
Rating - 8.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The Mad Max game looks absolutely stunning in 8K
- OSVR updates its hardware, delivers 1080p 120Hz display and more
- WhatsApp is now home to 900 million users
- Toyota pledges $50 million into autonomous car research centers at MIT
- PowerColor's new dual-GPU has 16GB of VRAM, requires 1000W of power
- Reset BIOS on ASRock Beebox N3150 w/o mouse/keyb.
- Gigabyte GA-170-DH3
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015