What can I say but WOW! The Leadtek GeForce3 TD blew my socks off completely! I was expecting impressive performance, and this card sure delivered it. It was obviously clear that nVidia has spent considerable time and effort improving the features and visual quality of the GeForce series, instead of simply boosting performance.
This product disappointed me in a way, by making my brand new 1GHz Pentium III look antiquated! Anyone who considers this card should ideally have at least a 1.2GHz AMD Athlon, or a 1.5GHz Pentium 4 to obtain the most from it. Pentium III and Celeron users need not apply, unless you intend to upgrade in the future. Otherwise you are simply not getting your money's worth out of the card.
Leadtek really has a winner with the GeForce3 TD. Combining multiple outputs, an awesome cooling system and excellent image quality, what could possibly be wrong? One word, PRICE. AU$950-$1000 is a lot of money; especially to spend on a graphics card. I don't believe that this will stop people from buying it though as the hardcore enthusiast/gamer will not be disappointed.
This card was rather difficult to rate, but here are the pros and cons:
Fastest 3D Graphics card for the PC...has no equal!
Impressive 2D and 3D image quality
Excellent software bundle
Cool looking HSF design
Runs quite warm (well ventilated case a must)
Need über powerful system to achieve full potential
Distributor wants it back
Rating - 8.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The best-paid CEO in the US is Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google
- 1Password updated, features Material Design UI and fingerprint unlock
- Ubisoft says The Division being held back on PC 'simply not true'
- Telstra outage in Australia caused by 'embarrassing human error'
- Explosive new 'Independence Day' TV spot, poster go live
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance