Clawing our way through to the card we found ourselves with something we haven't seen from XFX before - a high-end overclocked silent graphics card.
Looking straight at the card we have a big heatsink that covers the front of the card and two pipes that shoot out the top where the heat dissipates. The generally quality of the heatsink overall seems fairly good and looks like its going to cool the card sufficiently enough.
Like the GeForce 7900GS, the card does require a PCI Express power connector since the motherboard cannot provide enough juice. If you don't have one it's all good as there is a converter included in the package as we saw on the previous page.
The top of our card has a bracket to help prevent the card being bent in shipping and causing the SLI connector across the top to crack in any way. Not only does it look good, it actually is quite useful.
Turning the card over we have the big tail end of the Heat Pipe where all the hot air dissipates. It's your standard aluminum fin setup and while the card did get warm while running, in our opinion it isn't anything that would alarm you. We can also see the four screws where the heatsink is screwed on evenly.
Finally moving over to the I/O side of things we have a couple DVI ports (Dual Link) and an S-Video port to make use of the TV Out functionality that is on offer from the card. If you don't have a DVI monitor there is nothing to worry about as we saw that XFX have included two DVI to VGA connectors so you can get the card up and running straight away.
Clock Speeds and Overclocking
Out of the box the XFX graphics card is already overclocked.
The stock speeds for the GeForce 7950GT is 550MHz on the core and 1400MHz DDR on the memory. XFX have increased this to 570MHz on the core and 1460MHz DDR on the memory.
Using Coolbits and the "Detect Optimum Frequencies" feature we were able to then achieve a further 11MHz on the core bringing it to 581MHz and the memory was also increased to 1522MHz DDR.
While these aren't huge overclocks, we will see what happens and how it affects the scores on the following pages.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- A closer look at Mass Effect: Andromeda's power combos
- Digital Nintendo Switch games locked to one console
- All new Halo games will have split-screen, 343i confirms
- Dead Rising 4 shambles to Steam in March
- New Call of Duty returns to 'boots on the ground' roots
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications