The Palit 7900GS really has it all - Great overclocking, a full version game and an excellent price to boot.
If you're after something that doesn't break the bank this graphics card is a clear winner. Throw in the fact that SLI is available and you're got an absolute kick ass card for under $300. The XFX 7900GS offers very good overclocking performance but the Palit version manages to offer better numbers at a better price making it pretty much unbeatable in our books.
It clear that nVidia's new GeForce 7900GS GPU should be a good overclocking card as we have tested two cards now (with one that was bound for an end-users machine) and we've had tremendous success in this department. Soon nVidia will unveil their new and more expensive GeForce 7950GT so you might want to wait a little before making any buying decisions just yet.
While the high resolution tests show that the card is just behind the XFX there is no doubt that with moving to another overclocking tool that lets you achieve in excess of 1600MHz the Palit is going to come ahead. It clearly has to with the increased core speed.
Palit have managed to impressive us once again here at TweakTown with a product which isn't too over the top in terms of bells and whistles but offers very solid performance at a great price.
Easy to overclock
Full version game included
You need to overclock
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Uber drops its 5% fee in London, to get taxi drivers using Uber
- Micron updates GDDR5X progression, volume production this summer
- Oculus Rift-ready gaming PC pre-orders will open on February 16
- Windows 10 changelog site launched
- Tales of Symphonia mod fixes stuttering, resolution issues
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance