The WL-700gE features a standard RJ-45 10/100 ethernet port for the WAN connection with auto crossover function. Local connectivity is via the integrated 10/100 ethernet 4-port switch. Wireless connectivity is via the external dipole antenna and internal inverted-F PCB antenna, operating on the 2.4 - 2.5GHz wireless spectrum, and supporting both 802.11b and 802.11g protocols (up to 11Mbps and 54Mbps respectively).
Network protection is multi-layered. Two firewalls work to protect both the wired and wireless networks. Both firewalls are NAT and SPI-capable (Network Address Translation and Stateful Packet Inspection). This makes the WL-700gE at least as secure as any other wireless router/gateway on the home market.
Wireless communication can be secured with 64/128 WEP, TKIP, AES, WPA or WPA-PSK encryption, and authentication is handled by MAC address and MAC filtering, or 802.1x.
The unit comes with a 160GB IDE drive pre-installed. It only supports IDE, not SATA. There are also three USB 2.0 ports for hard drive expansion, printer connection or data copy from a USB flash drive. With a USB drive connected, it supports RAID levels 0 and 1 (striping and mirroring) - all from a router!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Physical Features]
- Page 4 [System Features]
- Page 5 [System Features - Configuration]
- Page 6 [Browse Share]
- Page 7 [Personal Webpage]
- Page 8 [Download Master]
- Page 9 [Setup and Testing]
- Page 10 [Client Utilities]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Star Citizen boss: it's the 'best damn everything sim'
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti teased for January 2017
- Windows 10 is now on over 400 million devices
- Final 'Fantastic Beasts' trailer brings back the magic
- Disney remaking 'The Lion King' in new CG hybrid feature
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now