Installing the client utilities from CD installs a number of other apps beyond the EZSetup program. It also installs Device Discovery, Download Master, Firmware Restoration and Photo Album Uploader. Unfortunately, these utilities are only available for Windows platforms. Linux and OSX users are restricted to the web interface.
Device Discovery is simply that - it scans the local network for any available routers and lets you open a Configuration dialogue. Download Master is a GUI interface which taps into the Download Master web dialogue. Here you can copy and paste URLs and kick off downloads, monitor existing transfers and browse the Download folder - that's right, you can download torrents or whatever files and your computer doesn't even have to be turned on. It's basically a much more convenient way of managing downloads, which minimises to the system tray when not in use.
Photo Album Uploader lets you select pictures to form the basis of a new photo album on your personal web page. We selected about 160MB of photos - initially the file transfer seemed rather slow, until we checked afterwards and discovered that the application resizes the images into appropriate web-size images AND thumbnails, and creates a full backend structure so that the photo album is live straightaway - all done on the fly. Rather impressive!
And finally, Firmware Restoration just lets you upload firmware to the device from an application interface, rather than going through the web.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Physical Features]
- Page 4 [System Features]
- Page 5 [System Features - Configuration]
- Page 6 [Browse Share]
- Page 7 [Personal Webpage]
- Page 8 [Download Master]
- Page 9 [Setup and Testing]
- Page 10 [Client Utilities]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hearthstone game costs players a pretty penny to play
- ISS crew arrives at Space Station after two-day trip
- Major cyber attack knocks out popular websites
- Cassini's final year of its epic voyage to Saturn
- Nintendo won't reveal full Switch specs until 2017
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system