Installing the client utilities from CD installs a number of other apps beyond the EZSetup program. It also installs Device Discovery, Download Master, Firmware Restoration and Photo Album Uploader. Unfortunately, these utilities are only available for Windows platforms. Linux and OSX users are restricted to the web interface.
Device Discovery is simply that - it scans the local network for any available routers and lets you open a Configuration dialogue. Download Master is a GUI interface which taps into the Download Master web dialogue. Here you can copy and paste URLs and kick off downloads, monitor existing transfers and browse the Download folder - that's right, you can download torrents or whatever files and your computer doesn't even have to be turned on. It's basically a much more convenient way of managing downloads, which minimises to the system tray when not in use.
Photo Album Uploader lets you select pictures to form the basis of a new photo album on your personal web page. We selected about 160MB of photos - initially the file transfer seemed rather slow, until we checked afterwards and discovered that the application resizes the images into appropriate web-size images AND thumbnails, and creates a full backend structure so that the photo album is live straightaway - all done on the fly. Rather impressive!
And finally, Firmware Restoration just lets you upload firmware to the device from an application interface, rather than going through the web.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Physical Features]
- Page 4 [System Features]
- Page 5 [System Features - Configuration]
- Page 6 [Browse Share]
- Page 7 [Personal Webpage]
- Page 8 [Download Master]
- Page 9 [Setup and Testing]
- Page 10 [Client Utilities]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Destiny: The Taken King's raid won't be live upon release
- Save Up to 96% On August's Top 3 Deals
- Astronauts believe it's only a matter of time before man heads to Mars
- Destiny: Xur's Three of Coins exotic drop buff will be a gamble
- UK debuts its 'UK Against ISIL' social media account
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- x99 Extreme 4/3.1 Red Light + No Display
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20