Package and Contents
First up is the packaging that MSI puts the board in. While this board is for Mobile on Desktop, and is under the Socket 478 Mobile section in the MSI Global Website, MSI markets this as a server/workstation board. This is very confusion when looking online for user manuals, BIOS updates and drivers. Despite this the box is rather large.
On the back of the box, MSI does a good job of explaining the features as well as giving you a photo of the board's layout and a rather good explanation of the hardware that the board supports and comes with.
MSI provides two PCI riser bracket modules. One of them contains two USB 2.0 ports, the other supports a single 6-pin Firewire port. If you are using a HTPC case with front USB and Firewire ports, you won't need these brackets.
Next are the supplied cables and brackets. You get a single rounded IDE and FDD cable as well as an I/O shield for ATX cases.
MSI specifies this board as Micro ATX with ATX extensions, this card is the extension and it plugs into a slot at the bottom of the board and adds two extra PCI slots.
Lastly we have the provided low profile heatsink that MSI recommends you use.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Inside The Box]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Media Encoding]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SpaceX successfully launches and lands a used rocket
- LG V30 rumored to support wireless charging
- Samsung Galaxy Note8 to cost little over $900
- Refurbished Galaxy Note7 might cost $700
- Nintendo market cap valuation now higher than Sony's
- Ecurrency hack software
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- In Win 301 Mini-Tower Chassis Review
- Best bang for your buck: AC1900 Wireless Routers
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller