Package and Contents
First up is the packaging that MSI puts the board in. While this board is for Mobile on Desktop, and is under the Socket 478 Mobile section in the MSI Global Website, MSI markets this as a server/workstation board. This is very confusion when looking online for user manuals, BIOS updates and drivers. Despite this the box is rather large.
On the back of the box, MSI does a good job of explaining the features as well as giving you a photo of the board's layout and a rather good explanation of the hardware that the board supports and comes with.
MSI provides two PCI riser bracket modules. One of them contains two USB 2.0 ports, the other supports a single 6-pin Firewire port. If you are using a HTPC case with front USB and Firewire ports, you won't need these brackets.
Next are the supplied cables and brackets. You get a single rounded IDE and FDD cable as well as an I/O shield for ATX cases.
MSI specifies this board as Micro ATX with ATX extensions, this card is the extension and it plugs into a slot at the bottom of the board and adds two extra PCI slots.
Lastly we have the provided low profile heatsink that MSI recommends you use.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Inside The Box]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Media Encoding]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tekken 7 mobile game to feature microtransactions galore
- Bitcoin reaches record high pricing of $4500
- Ethereum difficulty squeezing out the small miners
- Destiny 2's day one update already confirmed
- Quake Champions frags itself into Early Access on Aug 22
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes