Since their introduction to the PC world, Hard Disk Drivers have been getting bigger and bigger. Technology to pack more onto the platters of a HDD keep getting better to the point where we are now seeing storage capabilities hitting half a terabyte or a whooping 500GB.
Speed on these drives have also been increasing, with speeds from the original 2,300 RPM drives up to 10,000 RPM on the Western Digital Raptor and even higher again on server / enterprise drives - things keep getting better all the time.
One of the most important additions to the desktop market is the inclusion of RAID technologies, which not all that long ago was only reserved for enterprise computing such as servers. This technology, while now very common among consumers, allows for spanning, mirroring and mirroring with spanning, all depending on what your needs are (speed, redundancy or both).
Western Digital has recently introduced a new hard disk drive to the market. It's dubbed the Caviar RAID Edition or RE2 for short. It is tweaked and designed to offer the best performance when setup in a RAID configuration environment. We'll take a quick look at the drive and then see how it performs against one of Seagate's latest hard drives in RAID and non-RAID testing.
Let's begin and check it out!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Light's new camera has 16 camera sensors, takes 52-megapixel photos
- HP unveils its new 34-inch curved all-in-one 'Envy' PC
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- NVIDIA rumored to discontinue the 2GB version of the GeForce GTX 960
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points