Package and Contents
Before we get into the benchmarks let's have a squiz at the packaging as well as the card. Highpoint uses its new white, blue and red box packaging for all their controller cards to come from their factory. On the front you get a small picture as well as some basic info on what the controller card feature set is.
On the back you get a bit more detailed info as well as some sale info on the card itself. Highpoint has always given buyers detailed info on their controller cards from the box so you know what you are getting and what to expect - no tricky surprises.
Inside the box the first thing you get is the RocketRAID 2130 user manual. This is extremely detailed for a controller card manual. All the settings from the jumpers, BIOS and admin settings as well as Windows install software are included within the many pages.
Rather than floppy disks, a single CD with all the Windows drivers and software are included. A boot option is also included to make Windows XP or Windows 2000 installation diskettes. You can also use the RocketRAID 2310 with Linux, FreeBSD and Mac OS X.
Highpoint includes its own metre long SATA data cables which they have been producing since they started releasing their controller cards. There are 4 in total, enough for the 4 ports that the card supports.
Last on the package list is a half height PCI riser bracket for use in small form factor server cases like 1U or 2U chassis.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Inside the Box]
- Page 3 [The Controller Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and PCMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tach]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - File Copy Test]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Speed]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Game Level Loading]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Knack 2 place further emphasis on 2 player co-op
- Rocket League gets a new map and a DLC car
- Battlefield 1 dev said shovel digging might come back
- South Korea is getting an online version of Titanfall
- Artificial intelligence creates a (bad) Christmas song
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset