nVidia's GeForce 6150 chipset is an ideal companion for the HTPC integrated market. While the onboard graphics won't win any gaming battles, when it comes down to the basics for rendering Windows, displaying your monitor on the TV, this graphics system is just as good as any discrete graphics card that you will find.
Foxconn has done a great job to produce a board for the HTPC market that not only has all the features you will need, it also has some fairly decent overclocking results.
Overall if you want to put a HTPC together using AMD64 technology, it's hard to go past the Foxconn 6150K8MD motherboard as your choice of hardware. It has pretty much everything you would be looking for and only misses a couple of options which might not be of any use to you anyway.
Perfect base for your HTPC system
Passive cooling for quieter computing
Hardware HD rendering engine built into onboard GeForce 6150
Onboard DVI port and HD component video output
Supports all Socket 939 processors
Firewire and Gigabit networking support
Placement of the 4-pin power connector
Lacks optical or digital coaxial audio output
Very simple package
No HDMI port but hardly any motherboards include it so far
Rating - 8 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- HTC's new One X10 teased, a new budget 5.5-inch phone
- Nintendo Switch may use 4GB LPDDR4 1600MHz RAM
- 'Never Go Back' with our 'Jack Reacher' Blu-ray giveaway
- Horizon Zero Dawn: solid 30FPS on the PS4 Pro
- AMD Ryzen explained: motherboards, CPUs, and more
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league