nVidia's GeForce 6150 chipset is an ideal companion for the HTPC integrated market. While the onboard graphics won't win any gaming battles, when it comes down to the basics for rendering Windows, displaying your monitor on the TV, this graphics system is just as good as any discrete graphics card that you will find.
Foxconn has done a great job to produce a board for the HTPC market that not only has all the features you will need, it also has some fairly decent overclocking results.
Overall if you want to put a HTPC together using AMD64 technology, it's hard to go past the Foxconn 6150K8MD motherboard as your choice of hardware. It has pretty much everything you would be looking for and only misses a couple of options which might not be of any use to you anyway.
Perfect base for your HTPC system
Passive cooling for quieter computing
Hardware HD rendering engine built into onboard GeForce 6150
Onboard DVI port and HD component video output
Supports all Socket 939 processors
Firewire and Gigabit networking support
Placement of the 4-pin power connector
Lacks optical or digital coaxial audio output
Very simple package
No HDMI port but hardly any motherboards include it so far
Rating - 8 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Amazon developing sports game, sandbox MMO, survival MMO
- Microsoft had hoped for 200 million Xbox One sales
- Man walks into Apple Store, destroys Macs, iPhones
- Battlefield 1's new screenshots look digitally delicious
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now