nVidia's GeForce 6150 chipset is an ideal companion for the HTPC integrated market. While the onboard graphics won't win any gaming battles, when it comes down to the basics for rendering Windows, displaying your monitor on the TV, this graphics system is just as good as any discrete graphics card that you will find.
Foxconn has done a great job to produce a board for the HTPC market that not only has all the features you will need, it also has some fairly decent overclocking results.
Overall if you want to put a HTPC together using AMD64 technology, it's hard to go past the Foxconn 6150K8MD motherboard as your choice of hardware. It has pretty much everything you would be looking for and only misses a couple of options which might not be of any use to you anyway.
Perfect base for your HTPC system
Passive cooling for quieter computing
Hardware HD rendering engine built into onboard GeForce 6150
Onboard DVI port and HD component video output
Supports all Socket 939 processors
Firewire and Gigabit networking support
Placement of the 4-pin power connector
Lacks optical or digital coaxial audio output
Very simple package
No HDMI port but hardly any motherboards include it so far
Rating - 8 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- GTA Online earned $1.09 billion, says analyst firm
- Microsoft earned $90 billion last fiscal year
- Xiaomi's upcoming phone to rock dual camera and MIUI 9
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4