High Quality AA and AF
When testing without AA and AD turned on, we saw that Quake 4 and Doom 3 both saw some CPU limitation issues at 1600 x 1200 and 1920 x 1200.
While we didn't think this would be an issue when we started turning on AA and AF, we thought we may as well stress the cards to the maximum. We tested with AA at 8, AF at 16 and at 2560 x 1600. This, our fellow readers, is how games should be played - in "HD" as nVidia have been calling it this week at Computex 2006 trade show.
The XFX 7950GX2 XXX offering is clearly ahead of the Leadtek and Palit setup when we turn on AA and AF.
Since nVidia are unable to do AA and HDR at the same time you only get a SM2.0 score. This shows us that the Palit combination is back up to where it was in previous tests scoring closely to the XFX XXX offering.
Real world gaming at 2560 x 1600 with AA and AF on just isn't really ready at the moment. While the scores show us what we have seen throughout the whole review, you can clearly see why nVidia are offering Quad SLI. Some say there is no use for it and it's a waste of money but we can see that more frames need to be pushed here for a real "High Definition" gaming experience.
With HDR switched off and AA and AF on we can see we get what some people would consider playable and others would consider not so playable. 2560 x 1600 with heavy AA and AF on really does put a lot of pressure on the system and this can clearly be seen here. Bring on Quad SLI, nVidia!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [What went wrong? Ranting!]
- Page 3 [The Package]
- Page 4 [From 7900GX2 to 7950GX2]
- Page 5 [XFX's GeForce 7950GX2 XXX]
- Page 6 [Clock Speeds and Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2: Lost Coast HDR]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- iOS 9 now has Tweetbot 4 support on iPad and iPhone
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog