Packaging for this cooler rates it as being effective for Athlon processors up to 1.5GHz. I really don't think that I would use it on a clock speed of anything over the 1333 that I tested it at. Also consider that I have about 170-CFM airflow going through my case and you'll see why I am hesitant in using it on higher speeds.
While the lightweight design and quiet operation is a very nice change of pace, the overall goal here is cooling. This HSF will work just fine on a Duron system since it doesn't put out as much heat, but if you're running a high-end T-Bird system, then you might want to look for a more effective cooling solution.
Bottom Line...For machines that aren't apt to create a lot of heat, then you can use this lightweight cooler with confidence. For faster systems, look elsewhere.
Multi-lug clip mechanism
Fan not removable
Price vs. performance
Rating - 5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard killing support for WinXP, Vista this October
- Nintendo's Fire Emblem mobile game rakes in $114 million
- New leak shows iPhone 8's fingerprint reader on the back
- Elon Musk gets approval to build NYC-DC Hyperloop
- N64 Mini hinted by new Nintendo trademark
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4