Packaging for this cooler rates it as being effective for Athlon processors up to 1.5GHz. I really don't think that I would use it on a clock speed of anything over the 1333 that I tested it at. Also consider that I have about 170-CFM airflow going through my case and you'll see why I am hesitant in using it on higher speeds.
While the lightweight design and quiet operation is a very nice change of pace, the overall goal here is cooling. This HSF will work just fine on a Duron system since it doesn't put out as much heat, but if you're running a high-end T-Bird system, then you might want to look for a more effective cooling solution.
Bottom Line...For machines that aren't apt to create a lot of heat, then you can use this lightweight cooler with confidence. For faster systems, look elsewhere.
Multi-lug clip mechanism
Fan not removable
Price vs. performance
Rating - 5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rick Rubin's latest project is a Star Wars-themed electronic album
- Samsung's 4K Blu-ray player launches early
- Search engines are about to be creepy good at predicting what you want
- All the juicy Hitman beta details revealed for the 19th
- Uninstalling Facebook on iPhone will save you 15% battery life
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance