Packaging for this cooler rates it as being effective for Athlon processors up to 1.5GHz. I really don't think that I would use it on a clock speed of anything over the 1333 that I tested it at. Also consider that I have about 170-CFM airflow going through my case and you'll see why I am hesitant in using it on higher speeds.
While the lightweight design and quiet operation is a very nice change of pace, the overall goal here is cooling. This HSF will work just fine on a Duron system since it doesn't put out as much heat, but if you're running a high-end T-Bird system, then you might want to look for a more effective cooling solution.
Bottom Line...For machines that aren't apt to create a lot of heat, then you can use this lightweight cooler with confidence. For faster systems, look elsewhere.
Multi-lug clip mechanism
Fan not removable
Price vs. performance
Rating - 5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Seagate boasts new storage archtecture capable of 1Tbps
- Similar numbers on Fallout 4 PC than Battlefront on all platforms
- AMD to paper launch Radeon R9 Fury X2, could be delayed into 2016
- Harrison Ford has seen 'Force Awakens' final cut
- Nintendo's 'Mario Kart' eSports show coming to DisneyXD channel
- Sonnet Fusion PCIe Fusion Drive 256GB Thunderbolt 2 SSD Review
- PC-O5SX Availability
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- LG TOUTS THE POWER OF OLED IN SLICK NEW CAMPAIGN
- Lenovo Unveils the ThinkPad P40 Yoga Mobile Workstation
- Cohesive Networks Joins HPE's Cloud28+ Catalogue of Services for European Enterprises
- Nokia Technologies announces commercial availability of OZO virtual reality camera
- SingEx Exhibitions Expands Footprint in China with Partnership to Launch IoT China