Version and / or Patch Used: Default install
Timedemo or Level Used: necro666.demo (download here)
Developer Homepage: http://www.idsoftware.com
Product Homepage: http://www.quake4game.com
Quake 4 is one of the latest new games to be added to our benchmark suite. It is based off the popular Doom 3 engine and as a result uses many of the features seen in Doom. However, Quake 4 graphics are more intensive than Doom 3 and should put more strain on different parts of the system.
Moving into the gaming portion of our testing, we are starting off with Quake 4. During our test phase, all details of the game were maxed to put as much strain on the video board as possible. Since my first goal was to see just how many frames these boards could put out with maximum detail quality, I ended up getting an eyeful with the performance and quality that was put out.
The results above were more in line with what I was expecting when comparing two X1900 series boards. The results at both 1024 and 1280 resolutions were nearly the same, but the XTX board managed to put forth an extra 2% at the higher 1600 resolution.
When testing AA/AF performance, I chose the 1600x1200 resolution with the details still set to their maximum levels. The GeCube board still managed to put out 85.4FPS at 6xAA/16xAF, but this equates to a hefty 40% drop in frames. Still, given the in-game frame cap, it won't make a lot of difference in actual game play, and the eye candy was simply amazing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Electric Concept One beats Bugatti Veyron
- Samsung unveils the Galaxy C7 Pro
- Lucasfilm denies CG Princess Leia plan for 'Star Wars 9'
- Take home 'Pete's Dragon' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Putting Nintendo Switch launch games into perspective
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99
- ESL One returns to Southeast Asia to kick-off world class Dota 2 action in 2017