Version and / or Patch Used: Default install
Timedemo or Level Used: necro666.demo (download here)
Developer Homepage: http://www.idsoftware.com
Product Homepage: http://www.quake4game.com
Quake 4 is one of the latest new games to be added to our benchmark suite. It is based off the popular Doom 3 engine and as a result uses many of the features seen in Doom. However, Quake 4 graphics are more intensive than Doom 3 and should put more strain on different parts of the system.
Moving into the gaming portion of our testing, we are starting off with Quake 4. During our test phase, all details of the game were maxed to put as much strain on the video board as possible. Since my first goal was to see just how many frames these boards could put out with maximum detail quality, I ended up getting an eyeful with the performance and quality that was put out.
The results above were more in line with what I was expecting when comparing two X1900 series boards. The results at both 1024 and 1280 resolutions were nearly the same, but the XTX board managed to put forth an extra 2% at the higher 1600 resolution.
When testing AA/AF performance, I chose the 1600x1200 resolution with the details still set to their maximum levels. The GeCube board still managed to put out 85.4FPS at 6xAA/16xAF, but this equates to a hefty 40% drop in frames. Still, given the in-game frame cap, it won't make a lot of difference in actual game play, and the eye candy was simply amazing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- We've seen it all - there are now SSD water blocks
- Black Ops 3 campaign lets you fast-forward right to the end
- Nexus 6P and 5X unboxing videos surface
- VR games will be quality over quantity, says Epic Games CEO
- Capcom's Resident Evil 7 could be in VR
- ASRock Fatal1ty x99x killer not booting up
- H97M - Gaming 3 stuck at "Entering setup
- Cougar 550M Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- Can't overclock i7-5775C
- Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta GPU Performance Overview
- Giada Brightens up GITEX 2015 with Ultimate Digital Signage Mini PCs and Server
- Shuttle Announces the XS35V5 and XS36V5 Small Form Factor Computers
- Lexar Also Announces Professional 3600x and 3500x CFast 2.0 Cards
- Lexar Introduces New Professional 2933x XQD 2.0 Card
- Lexar Also Announces the 128GB Variant of Professional 2000x SDXC UHS-II Card