Version and / or Patch Used: v120
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark05/
3DMark05 is now the second latest version in the popular 3DMark "Gamers Benchmark" series. It includes a complete set of DX9 benchmarks, which tests Shader Model 2.0 and higher.
For more information on the 3DMark05 benchmark, we recommend you read our preview here.
We begin our testing suite with a couple of synthetic benchmarking utilities. While not always indicative of true gaming performance, they allow us to run an identical set of tests on multiple cards and make an informed analysis of the results. As a side note, the X850 board was previously tested on an LCD monitor that did not support the 1600x1200 resolution, so this result is missing.
I had wondered how well the two X1900 series boards would fare against each other. While the XTX version is clocked just a little faster from the factory, both make use of the R580XT chipset. The results ended up being more impressive than I had thought they would. The XTX board is running upwards of 4% faster at the higher resolutions. Not bad considering they are very nearly the same board.
As far as AA/AF performance, at the default resolution of 1024x768 and a setting of 6xAA/16xAF, the score dropped to 9986. This isn't as drastic a drop in performance as some other boards are showing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nier: Automata on PC likely delayed due to piracy fears
- Nintendo Switch runs cool, about 37C under load
- Samsung's next VR headset could come with a controller
- Xiaomi to release their own processor - Pinecone
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 images leak ahead of launch at MWC
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league