Package and Contents
DFI uses a single box design for the LANParty boards. Only the model name of the board is changed depending on what board is placed into the box. The box though is flashy and bright, so it's easy to spot in the local PC store.
On the back of the box, DFI gives you a general layout of the board and some of the features and a basic explanation of the overall feature pack of the board itself. This helps you decide if this is indeed the board for you.
Now we start to look at what DFI gives you in the box. First up you only get 4 SATA data cables, since the board support 8 all up, you will need to source 4 extra ones if you intend to use all 8. Also 2 power converter cables supporting 2 drives per cable, 4 total. This also means if you have 8 SATA drives you will need to source and extra 4 power ports. DFI uses a totally new port layout to its previous boards, so no matter what, you will need the I/O shield for this board.
For the parallel cables, DFI includes 2 IDE and 1 FDD cable. Theses have been factory rounded and sleeved in U.V reactive material, true to the "LANParty" name of the motherboard.
DFI has used this feature in the past, where the audio ports are placed on a separate daughter module that plugs onto a header on the board. This is supposed to work on the principal of keeping the audio modules off the board itself to promote better audio quality. We watched some DVD's and played some music just to see if there was any difference between the DFI board and our other baseline boards, we didn't notice any difference in audio quality. Simply put this is a novelty.
DFI provides 2 separate manuals - the first one on the left is the user manual for the board itself with all the setup instructions and BIOS features the board support. The second is the info manual on how to install the external daughter module for the sound system.
Lastly on to driver support. DFI provides a single CD with all the Windows drivers as well as their own software bundle. The FDD that is included is for Windows installation. Since Windows XP, 2000 or the likes don't have the necessary drivers for the new SATA controllers used, when installing Windows you need to tell the installation what controller you are using.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Box - Inside and Out]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New photos and a shocking price of Huawei Mate 9 emerged
- Elon Musk describes his vision for colonization of Mars
- Nintendo Switch is single-screen only, says Nintendo
- Nintendo Switch gets a much-needed splash of color
- Skyrim Remaster mods limited to 1GB on PS4
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now