Motherboards perform pretty much close to each other these days in the benchmark department, especially ones with similar chipsets - so it then comes down to functionality, overclocking and desire of the brand.
DFI is by no means a cheap brand when it comes to motherboards. Maybe in the past, but recent success has put DFI on the forefront of PC technology and the LANParty series of motherboards reflect upon this. You will pay more for this motherboard but as the saying goes, "You get what you pay for..."
While there isn't much variation in scores at the benchmark level, we would recommend DFI and the LANParty UT CFX3200-DR to users who want to mod their case and show off a very flashy board, especially under U.V lights. This motherboard not only performs well and contains plenty of onboard features to keep you happy; it also looks good at the same time.
Being a motherboard targeted towards the gamer and end-users who demand high performance, you would expect some decent overclocking results. We got just that. Out of the ATI Xpress 3200 based motherboards we have tested so far (which include the likes of ASUS and Sapphire), the DFI LANParty UT CFX3200-DR managed to provide the best results.
Simply put, this has got to be one of the best Socket 939 motherboards we have tested so far. It goes without saying... we recommend this product - just take a look at the "Pros" list below. We are impressed.
Best overclocking result from Xpress 3200 motherboard so far
Massive voltage options available in BIOS
Full speed x16 ports for Crossfire dual graphics
Additional 4 SATA ports
Ideal board layout for optimal cooling
Uses ULI Southbridge over ATI SB450 - better HDD performance
Dual Gigabit LAN
Additional SATA controller PCI based
More expensive than other brands but you get what you pay for
- Latest Pricing
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Box - Inside and Out]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nanomaterial charges phones, electric cars in SECONDS
- Qualcomm's next-gen Snapdragon 845 teased
- Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 lets you land on the moon
- Intel Core i9-7960X benchmarks: 16C/32T 'Skylake-X' CPU
- Intel's new Core i7-8700K CPU detailed, 6C/12T @ 4.3GHz?
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4