Package and Contents
ASUS now uses a light black box design for its deluxe motherboards. This is to help you identify the budget, deluxe and premium boards on the shelf of your local ASUS retailer. ASUS doesn't put a lot of info on their boxes, or any photos, so you are left to wonder just what is featured and what the board actually looks like - guess that's why we are here.
While the box may lack features, the inside doesn't. ASUS packs a great bundle into their deluxe range, and even more into the premium. First off we take a look at the manuals and software. ASUS only provides one user manual, but this baby weighs in at 166 pages. This includes a basic install guide at the front, detailed explanation of the features in the second quarter, BIOS and software settings in the third quarter and Crossfire setup in the last quarter.
There are a total of three CD's that ASUS provides. The first is the driver CD with all of what you need to get Windows up and running. This includes drivers for Windows XP, 2000 and XP 64-bit. The last two CD's contain a variety of software from Intervideo including Power Producer, WinDVD and WinDVR. ASUS has now partnered with Intervideo to keep this software bundle going with their deluxe and premium boards.
ASUS provides two PCI break out expansion slot brackets. The first contains two USB 2.0 ports and a MIDI/Gameport. The second contains a 6 pin and a 4 pin Firewire port that connect to the onboard headers. ASUS also provides a good cable bundle - 2 IDE, 1 FDD, 5 SATA data and power ports as well as an I/O shield.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Package and Contents]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD reboots itself with Ryzen, and Vega is next
- AMD Ryzen 7 1800X hits #1 best-selling CPUs on Amazon
- AMD breaking world records with Ryzen 7 1800X already
- 'Rogue One' Blu-ray announced, extras detailed
- I want one: AMD Ryzen CPU review kit looks AMAZING
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood