Quake III Arena
Version and / or Patch Used: Default install
Timedemo or Level Used: Demo001
Developer Homepage: http://www.idsoftware.com
Product Homepage: http://www.idsoftware.com/games/quake/quake3-arena/
Quake III Arena is a real-world OpenGL benchmark that we have been using here at TweakTown for quite a while now because it has proven itself to be one of the best gaming benchmarks around to compare a wide range of different products. Quake III Arena is getting very old, but is still one of the best ways of testing video and PC systems for any instability and best performance hence the reason we are still using it today.
Some folks still enjoy seeing what can done with this oldie but goodie, so I am still including it in the test suite. I had thought that we had finally gotten to the limit of what a graphics board could do with this game engine, but it appears that I was mistaken. Both resolutions tested show a solid 12% increase in frames per second.
As a side note, all in game settings were at their absolute maximum during testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How you can become a hacker's worst nightmare
- Snapchat announces sunglasses with a built-in camera
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now