It has been quite some time since ABIT made a big announcement in the IT world apart from its financial troubles in 2005, which made plenty of noise for them but not in the way they wanted. With ABIT now out of the dark place it managed to fall into, they are back to doing what they do best, making quality motherboards for the enthusiast market.
ABIT (or should we say, "Universal ABIT") has been the biggest name in overclocking for some time. In fact, ABIT was the first to revolutionise it - most companies now owe a bit to ABIT, that were the ones who first dared to push the boundaries of what motherboards could do back in the days of the Intel Pentium II and the trusty BX chipset.
It's a whole different game these days, as just about everyone has an overclocking motherboard available. If you really want to make the market stand up and take notice of your product, you need to either break a speed barrier, have the most amounts of features on a single board or both of the two rolled into one.
Today we are taking a look at ABIT's first full attempt at going for the gold on the AMD Athlon 64 Socket 939 platform with the new nVidia nForce 4 SLI x16 chipset but just how well will this motherboard perform?
Let's have a look and compare it to the previous generation SLI motherboard based on the older nVidia nForce 4 SLI chipset.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Package and Contents]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- All the juicy Hitman beta details revealed for the 19th
- Uninstalling Facebook on iPhone will save you 15% battery life
- The Force has truly awoken, with a $2b haul worldwide
- AMD's enthusiast Polaris GPU teased, could be priced at $1700
- Battlefield 4 netcode significantly improved on Xbox One and PS4
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance