After all is said and done, I'm impressed with this power supply. It has a very clean look, very adequate internal cooling and produced excellent voltage readings along all power rails regardless of system load. Add to this the 600 watts of available power along with the ability to be compatible with nearly any motherboard and you end up with a PSU that is ready to work for you regardless of system specs.
There are connectors aplenty and even using a motherboard with requirements for an additional Molex and FDD connector to handle the power needs, I still had no problems with running out of connectors. This is certainly a nice change of pace when compared to several power supplies currently on the market.
I'm still not real comfortable with the addition of the thermally controlled fan Molex connectors, but again, that is something that some will like and others like myself will not use, so it will have a very minimal effect on the overall rating of this device.
As far as price is concerned, you can expect to shell out somewhere in the neighborhood of $140US. While this isn't exactly cheap, it isn't anywhere close to the top of the pricing ladder for this wattage of PSU.
Bottom line... If you're looking for fancy lights and frilly features in a power supply, then don't even bother with this model. If, on the other hand, you're looking for a power supply that has an excellent power output along all voltage rails and enough juice to handle the meatiest of enthusiast rigs, then do yourself a favor and take a hard look at the Thermaltake Purepower 600. With many systems requiring a minimum of 450-500 watts of quality power, this little gem won't let you down.
600 watts of available power
Excellent voltage along all power rails
52A on the 12v rail
Very steady power
"Case Fan Only" connectors (Yes, I'm picky)
- Latest Pricing
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editor's Choice Award!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve wants to make Source 2 engine free for all devs
- Microsoft buys leading API studio Simplygon
- Path of Exile is coming to Xbox One
- Halo 6 won't be Project Scorpio launch game after all
- Tekken 7 release date will be announced next week
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup