The case is picked out in a high-gloss black finish, which is particularly appealing, although slightly prone to fingerprint marking. The front panel is a streamlined downward facing design terminating at a front-mounted blue LED, which is actually responsive to hard drive activity as it plugs into the HDD LED on the motherboard (looks sweet!). The bottom quarter of the front panel is pushed in from either side by mesh-covered air ducts attached to the side panels.
The front panel itself swings outwards to the right (facing front-on), and covers the five 5.25" bays, two 3.5" bays and the power and reset buttons. The panel is a push-and-swing-open type, with a magnet mounted so that is swings back securely. The tension in the springs do allow for the smooth swingback mechanism also prevented the panel from sitting neat and flush to the case once it had been pushed back into position.
At the base of the front panel is another push-and-release panel covering two front USB ports, line-out and mic-in jacks. Unfortunately the panel swings downwards beyond the practical limits of the box. This means that to open this panel the entire case needs to be sat out about an inch over the edge of the desk, or simply use the accompanying feet system which raises the box sufficiently off the floor.
One word about the feet - they protrude from each side of the case by about 1.5" per side, which means that the overall footprint (unintentional pun) is around 3" wider than that case itself.
The left side panel is dominated by a see-through swirl design, which looks really effective and which allows ample viewing into the internal cavity. There is also an exhaust for the 8cm fan mounted behind the panel and positioned over the CPU.
The rear is pretty standard, with one exhaust for the 12cm fan mounted internally.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch retail packaging wastes so much space
- Mass Effect: Andromeda's combat looks amazingly fun
- Top 15 Presidents Day Kaby Lake laptop deals for 2017
- AMD Ryzen CPUs spotted in the flesh, retail boxes too
- LG officially announces the G6 camera specs
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league