The case is picked out in a high-gloss black finish, which is particularly appealing, although slightly prone to fingerprint marking. The front panel is a streamlined downward facing design terminating at a front-mounted blue LED, which is actually responsive to hard drive activity as it plugs into the HDD LED on the motherboard (looks sweet!). The bottom quarter of the front panel is pushed in from either side by mesh-covered air ducts attached to the side panels.
The front panel itself swings outwards to the right (facing front-on), and covers the five 5.25" bays, two 3.5" bays and the power and reset buttons. The panel is a push-and-swing-open type, with a magnet mounted so that is swings back securely. The tension in the springs do allow for the smooth swingback mechanism also prevented the panel from sitting neat and flush to the case once it had been pushed back into position.
At the base of the front panel is another push-and-release panel covering two front USB ports, line-out and mic-in jacks. Unfortunately the panel swings downwards beyond the practical limits of the box. This means that to open this panel the entire case needs to be sat out about an inch over the edge of the desk, or simply use the accompanying feet system which raises the box sufficiently off the floor.
One word about the feet - they protrude from each side of the case by about 1.5" per side, which means that the overall footprint (unintentional pun) is around 3" wider than that case itself.
The left side panel is dominated by a see-through swirl design, which looks really effective and which allows ample viewing into the internal cavity. There is also an exhaust for the 8cm fan mounted behind the panel and positioned over the CPU.
The rear is pretty standard, with one exhaust for the 12cm fan mounted internally.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New map, competitive ranking system arrive for Insurgency
- Google will reportedly shame vendors into Android updates
- Lenovo says Motorola acquisition 'did not meet expectations'
- Android Auto, CarPlay available for Hyundai vehicles
- GAINWARD's GeForce GTX 1080 Phoenix spotted with black/red/gold look
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Asus S300CA screen flickering/stripes
- Asrock MB front HD audio doesn't work (rear works)
- GA-H97-Gaming 3 trying to Raid Two 950pro's via PCIE Apadpter
- GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 USB 3.1 and Thunderbolt not recognized
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles
- Cryorig teases two new cases bound for Computex 2016
- Toshiba launches the OCZ RD400 NVMe SSD series
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition