The case is picked out in a high-gloss black finish, which is particularly appealing, although slightly prone to fingerprint marking. The front panel is a streamlined downward facing design terminating at a front-mounted blue LED, which is actually responsive to hard drive activity as it plugs into the HDD LED on the motherboard (looks sweet!). The bottom quarter of the front panel is pushed in from either side by mesh-covered air ducts attached to the side panels.
The front panel itself swings outwards to the right (facing front-on), and covers the five 5.25" bays, two 3.5" bays and the power and reset buttons. The panel is a push-and-swing-open type, with a magnet mounted so that is swings back securely. The tension in the springs do allow for the smooth swingback mechanism also prevented the panel from sitting neat and flush to the case once it had been pushed back into position.
At the base of the front panel is another push-and-release panel covering two front USB ports, line-out and mic-in jacks. Unfortunately the panel swings downwards beyond the practical limits of the box. This means that to open this panel the entire case needs to be sat out about an inch over the edge of the desk, or simply use the accompanying feet system which raises the box sufficiently off the floor.
One word about the feet - they protrude from each side of the case by about 1.5" per side, which means that the overall footprint (unintentional pun) is around 3" wider than that case itself.
The left side panel is dominated by a see-through swirl design, which looks really effective and which allows ample viewing into the internal cavity. There is also an exhaust for the 8cm fan mounted behind the panel and positioned over the CPU.
The rear is pretty standard, with one exhaust for the 12cm fan mounted internally.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG H840 spotted on GFXBench, rocks 5.3-inch QHD display, 3GB RAM
- More Xbox One exclusives are coming, says Microsoft
- MS on broken Quantum Break promises: we want to bring gamers together
- What if Microsoft uses Steam to power PC to Xbox game streaming?
- Street Fighter V now ready for pre-load on PSN and Steam in NA
- ViewSonic 27-inch 4K LED Monitor (VP2780-4K) Review
- Help choosing a motherboard
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 / CPU non-k bios support?
- ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M cannot boot
- OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Arctic Announces the P533 Series Gaming Headsets
- Intel to Bring the Best in Gaming to the World Stage at Intel Extreme Masters
- Western Digital Board Declares Dividend For Third Quarter Of Fiscal 2016
- AMD Increases Notebook Market Traction
- EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti VR Edition Starts Selling