While the Vantec CCK-6035D heatsink doesn't come out as the top cooler in my testing database, it maintains a very respectable level of cooling. It also costs about $5 USD less than many other copper heatsinks out there, so that makes it even better.
The polished base was a very nice surprise, and the addition of a silicone thermal material separate from the heatsink was a huge plus. It was rather nice not having to lap the base and scrape off a bunch of thermal tape for a change. Vantec has gotten into the habit of taking care of a lot of the small details in their product line.
Bottom line...If you have just found yourself to be in possession of one of the fast Thunderbird type processors and are looking for a reasonable cooling solution that won't break the bank, then you'll do well with the Vantec CCK-6035D HSF.
Polished copper base on sink
7,000RPM Delta fan
Included converter for power
Thinner clipping mechanism
Rating - 8.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch is single-screen only, says Nintendo
- Nintendo Switch gets a much-needed splash of color
- Skyrim Remaster mods limited to 1GB on PS4
- Monster Hunter Nintendo Direct incoming
- AMD drops price on Radeon RX 460, RX 470 graphics cards
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now