While the Vantec CCK-6035D heatsink doesn't come out as the top cooler in my testing database, it maintains a very respectable level of cooling. It also costs about $5 USD less than many other copper heatsinks out there, so that makes it even better.
The polished base was a very nice surprise, and the addition of a silicone thermal material separate from the heatsink was a huge plus. It was rather nice not having to lap the base and scrape off a bunch of thermal tape for a change. Vantec has gotten into the habit of taking care of a lot of the small details in their product line.
Bottom line...If you have just found yourself to be in possession of one of the fast Thunderbird type processors and are looking for a reasonable cooling solution that won't break the bank, then you'll do well with the Vantec CCK-6035D HSF.
Polished copper base on sink
7,000RPM Delta fan
Included converter for power
Thinner clipping mechanism
Rating - 8.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox One X pre-orders available now
- 100 games will be enhanced on Xbox One X
- Our 'Guardians' giveaway is out of this Galaxy!
- Path of Exile launches August 24 on Xbox One
- Mass Effect: Andromeda singleplayer is dead
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes