While the Vantec CCK-6035D heatsink doesn't come out as the top cooler in my testing database, it maintains a very respectable level of cooling. It also costs about $5 USD less than many other copper heatsinks out there, so that makes it even better.
The polished base was a very nice surprise, and the addition of a silicone thermal material separate from the heatsink was a huge plus. It was rather nice not having to lap the base and scrape off a bunch of thermal tape for a change. Vantec has gotten into the habit of taking care of a lot of the small details in their product line.
Bottom line...If you have just found yourself to be in possession of one of the fast Thunderbird type processors and are looking for a reasonable cooling solution that won't break the bank, then you'll do well with the Vantec CCK-6035D HSF.
Polished copper base on sink
7,000RPM Delta fan
Included converter for power
Thinner clipping mechanism
Rating - 8.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Guillermo del Toro teases Silent Hills successor
- Leaked 1666: Amsterdam gameplay footage is darkly enchanting
- Doom's ultra nightmare mode is so hard id Software can't beat it
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare officially trademarked by Activision
- Vivendi buys more Ubisoft shares, takeover rumors begin
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched