The 7800GT TOP Silence graphics cards from ASUS were quite surprising. You have two cards that came pre-overclocked on a heatsink with no fan but not only that thanks to the faster memory used, you have even more head room for overclocking as we saw today.
The package was also one of the best we have seen in a while with a very recent game like King Kong being included, more often then not we get these powerful graphics cards and a copy of Counter Strike or something else that can barley push the power of the cards inside. ASUS have done a TOP job all round from bundle to overclocking to quality.
It is nice to know though that if you don't want a noisy case, you can have the performance that you want with an SLI setup and not a 6600GT either... we are talking about two of the highest-end available graphics cards. There is no doubt that silence enthusiasts while be rejoicing over the release of the 7800GT heat pipe version, let's hope that we see ASUS carry this technology onto some of the other higher-end cards including the X1900XTX which is very noisy.
If you're looking for a silent but fast VGA solution, there is no doubt that you cannot look past these cards. You're not going to get anything faster with these noise levels unless you get into some custom modding and want to take the risk of voiding your warranty.
Even more overclocking headroom
High quality heatsink
1.6ns memory as opposed to 2.0ns
A justified premium
SLI requires extra room due to heatsink
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - CPU Overclocking]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Graphics Card Overclocking]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Charge ALL the Things With a 4-Port USB Hub
- Trying to prevent drones from dropping contraband into prisons is hard
- No Star Wars Battlefront Xbox One bundle, EA confirms
- Razer offers Aussie LoL fans a ticket for worldwide travel
- CCleaner hits Windows 10, helping users clear junk out of their system
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- Z77 Extreme6 boot screen displays after hard shutoff/reactivation, does not display after reset
- Razer Leviathan 5.1 Channel Gaming Sound Bar and Sub Review
- ASRock Z97 Extreme4 Fast BOOT Issue
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20