As we mentioned, this is the IceQ version of the X800GTO from HIS which comes with the Arctic Cooling unit that offers superior cooling at lower noise levels.
As we saw on the front of the box the HIS X800GTO is guaranteed to achieve speeds of 500MHz on the core (400MHz Default) and 1GHz on the memory (980 Default). To get these clocks you do have to install some overclocking software. Fortunately this is provided in the package, so it really is an ease to get up and going. The good news is if you are using something like ATI Tool, it doesn't stop you from overclocking like a mad man with it - as you'll find out later in this review.
The Radeon X800GTO from HIS is "Multi GPU ready" which means it is compatible with Crossfire if you have the other necessary components. To get the X800GTO from HIS up and running in Crossfire you will need a compatible Crossfire motherboard like the DFI RDX200 CF-DR, along with an X800 master card which HIS also offer.
You can clearly see that there isn't a lot to look at with the front of the card thanks to the massive cooler taking up most of it. Fortunately the X800GTO doesn't require any extra power to run so there is no fidgeting around trying to plug and unplug a PCI Express power connector in with the cooler installed.
Turning the card over we can see that there is a massive back plate that does two things. First being holds the heatsink in place and prevents it from falling off and the other is cool the rear memory, with the addition of some air flow in your system you can cool the rear memory quite effectively.
While there is a Dual DVI model available the sample we received only comes with a single DVI port and a normal VGA port. We also have our S-Video like port that lets us utilize normal TV out via RCA or S-Video or HDTV out via the component cable included in the package.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - CPU Overclocking]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Graphics Card Overclocking]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Path of Exile launches August 24 on Xbox One
- Mass Effect: Andromeda singleplayer is dead
- Nintendo should have big Switch stockpile for holidays
- Flash shortage may last throughout 2018
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild looks GLORIOUS in 1080p 60FPS
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes