Test System Setup
Processor(s): AMD Athlon X2 3800+
Motherboard(s): ASUS A8R-MVP (Supplied by ASUS)
Memory: 2 X 1GB Corsair PC3500LL PRO DDR (Supplied by Corsair Micro)
Hard Disk(s): WD Raptor 74GB 10,000RPM SATA (Supplied by Western Digital)
Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP2
Drivers: Modified ATI Catalyst 5.13 and DX9c
We will have three sets of results today: the X1900XTX and CrossFire master card running together, the X1900XTX by itself and a pair of ASUS GeForce 7800GTX (256MB) TOP cards running in SLI to see just how it compares against the X1900XTX in CrossFire. We aren't being easy on the HIS cards today as the ASUS 7800GTX cards are the highest clocked 7800GTX 256MB cards available. The X1900 is going to have its work cut out for it today.
We have as usual included our AA and AF tests which has seen AF bumped up to 16X and also due to the high caliber of these cards all AA and AF tests are completed at 1600 x 1200 to stress the cards as much as possible.
Setup of CrossFire was an absolute breeze and the drivers included from HIS in the package were used. Since there are no official drivers currently at the time of testing (Catalyst 6.2 drivers are now out and officially support the X1900 series) out for the X1900 series of cards most manufactures have had to modify the Catalyst 5.13's which are now roughly six weeks old.
3DMark06 of course is also included with all our other benchmarks so let's not ramble on anymore and check out just how we went with our testing.
Version and / or Patch Used: Build 360
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark03/
By combining full DX8 and partial DX9 support with completely new tests and graphics over the previous version, 3DMark03 continues the legacy of being the industry standard 3D benchmark.
Please Note: Due to recent events with the 3DMark03 series, we are adding results purely for those who are still in favor of 3DMark03. These results should not be taken too seriously and are only added for interest sakes.
At the lower resolution we can see that CrossFire edges out but at the higher resolution we can see it is on par with the 7800GTX SLI. We can also see the kind of performance increase from a single card setup is significant.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- BioShock devs might be making new Twilight Zone 'game'
- A closer look at Mass Effect: Andromeda's power combos
- Digital Nintendo Switch games locked to one console
- All new Halo games will have split-screen, 343i confirms
- Dead Rising 4 shambles to Steam in March
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications