Test System Setup
Processor(s): AMD Athlon X2 3800+
Motherboard(s): ASUS A8R-MVP (Supplied by ASUS)
Memory: 2 X 1GB Corsair PC3500LL PRO DDR (Supplied by Corsair Micro)
Hard Disk(s): WD Raptor 74GB 10,000RPM SATA (Supplied by Western Digital)
Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP2
Drivers: Modified ATI Catalyst 5.13 and DX9c
We will have three sets of results today: the X1900XTX and CrossFire master card running together, the X1900XTX by itself and a pair of ASUS GeForce 7800GTX (256MB) TOP cards running in SLI to see just how it compares against the X1900XTX in CrossFire. We aren't being easy on the HIS cards today as the ASUS 7800GTX cards are the highest clocked 7800GTX 256MB cards available. The X1900 is going to have its work cut out for it today.
We have as usual included our AA and AF tests which has seen AF bumped up to 16X and also due to the high caliber of these cards all AA and AF tests are completed at 1600 x 1200 to stress the cards as much as possible.
Setup of CrossFire was an absolute breeze and the drivers included from HIS in the package were used. Since there are no official drivers currently at the time of testing (Catalyst 6.2 drivers are now out and officially support the X1900 series) out for the X1900 series of cards most manufactures have had to modify the Catalyst 5.13's which are now roughly six weeks old.
3DMark06 of course is also included with all our other benchmarks so let's not ramble on anymore and check out just how we went with our testing.
Version and / or Patch Used: Build 360
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark03/
By combining full DX8 and partial DX9 support with completely new tests and graphics over the previous version, 3DMark03 continues the legacy of being the industry standard 3D benchmark.
Please Note: Due to recent events with the 3DMark03 series, we are adding results purely for those who are still in favor of 3DMark03. These results should not be taken too seriously and are only added for interest sakes.
At the lower resolution we can see that CrossFire edges out but at the higher resolution we can see it is on par with the 7800GTX SLI. We can also see the kind of performance increase from a single card setup is significant.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's pre-order scheme could change everything
- Ocarina of Time gets an enchanting Unreal Engine 4 makeover
- ASUS unveils the new Poseidon Platinum GTX 980 Ti video card
- Sony unveils the Xperia Z5 Premium, the world's first 4K smartphone
- Hideo Kojima: The players are everything, I get my energy from them
- ACPI wakeup/shutdown no longer works after UEFI flash.
- Purchasing case fans in Taiwan
- Strontium Nitro 566X 64GB MicroSDXC and USB Type-C Reader Review
- does ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 support window 10 with the G3258 cpu?
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015