It is clear that there is little difference in terms of performance between the Intel 955X and nVidia nForce 4 SLI chipsets for the Intel platform. While the nForce 4 has a slightly better memory controller, in the real world it isn't going to give you much.
The one thing that nForce 4 has over the Intel chipset is SLI. No third party chipset has any SLI support, and nVidia has no intentions of allowing this to happen. While Intel and ULI have put in chipsets for SLI qualification, it's clear that there is no urgency to have them passed by nVidia - especially for ULI, now they are under nVidia's power.
Gigabyte's interpretation of this chipset is very clean and fast with a great deal put into the features of the board, as well as putting the time and effort in for the overclockers as well.
Overall we found the board to be a good performer with great futures for the enthusiast market who simply want a more rounded setup than the 8N SLI Quad Royal.
Good overclocking options
Additional RAID controller
Only two PCI Express x8 slots rather than two x16 slots
Need to use a SLI selector paddle
- Latest Pricing
Rating - 8.5 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect: Andromeda 10-hour demo coming to EA Access
- Samsung's Note line isn't dead: Note 8 is coming
- Tekken 7 launches June 2, 2017, has season pass
- Samsung confirms they won't unveil the S8 at MWC 2017
- White Xiaomi Mi MIX will be available very soon
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni