It is clear that there is little difference in terms of performance between the Intel 955X and nVidia nForce 4 SLI chipsets for the Intel platform. While the nForce 4 has a slightly better memory controller, in the real world it isn't going to give you much.
The one thing that nForce 4 has over the Intel chipset is SLI. No third party chipset has any SLI support, and nVidia has no intentions of allowing this to happen. While Intel and ULI have put in chipsets for SLI qualification, it's clear that there is no urgency to have them passed by nVidia - especially for ULI, now they are under nVidia's power.
Gigabyte's interpretation of this chipset is very clean and fast with a great deal put into the features of the board, as well as putting the time and effort in for the overclockers as well.
Overall we found the board to be a good performer with great futures for the enthusiast market who simply want a more rounded setup than the 8N SLI Quad Royal.
Good overclocking options
Additional RAID controller
Only two PCI Express x8 slots rather than two x16 slots
Need to use a SLI selector paddle
- Latest Pricing
Rating - 8.5 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve partners with Bitpay, with Bitcoin support now on Steam
- Intel no longer defines itself as a PC company, thinking more broadly
- Weekly Giveaway: Win a ZOTAC SONIX PCIe 480GB SSD (Global Entry!)
- Facebook, Messenger, Instagram apps debut on Windows 10
- Fallout 4 Steam patch adds Survival difficulty, improves performance
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- 1MORE Swarovski Crystal Piston Earphones Review
- 990fx motherboard with AMD 9370
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched