Package and Contents
EPoX isn't known for any great visual styles like ASUS, MSI or Gigabyte. Simplicity is the order of things, especially in the low cost market. While this might be for low cost, it still has the advantage of moving into the higher performance market, simply because of its features. The 8NPA SLI is shipped in a white and red box. The front of which doesn't give you any idea of what the board supports, other than SLI.
In order to gain any pre sales info on the board, you need to flip the box over. Here is where information on the boards features as well as what socket and architecture the board supports is located. There is only basic information, but enough to base a decision on if this board is what you are looking for.
Opening the box is where things start to take shape. On the top layer are all the accessories that the board comes with. The first layer of accessories are the USB PCI rider bracket, SATA power and data cables, IDE and FDD cables as well as the I/O shield.
The next layer of goodies is two instruction manuals and the driver CD. The white and red coloured manual is information on setting up the board with all the information you will need in regards to component location, cable orientation and BIOS optimisation. The second manual explains a bit about the nForce 4 SLI chipset and a few of its basic features including SLI setup. The driver CD contains all of the drivers as well as some third party software that will get you up and running, though for best results, after all is installed, get onto the internet and download the latest drivers from nVidia for the nForce 4 chipset as well as the latest graphics driver for what brand and model card you have.
The last of the goodies is an SLI bridge connector. SLI is well known to most, but for the uninitiated. In order to link your graphics cards you need to have a board that is SLI certified (at the present time, only nForce based boards are SLI certified), two SLI certified PCI Express graphics cards with the SLI bridge fingers on them. This bridge goes between the fingers and allows the two cards to communicate off the PCI Express bus and increase 3D gaming performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Package and Contents]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Series]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Razer launches new Nabu smartband wearable during PAX Prime
- Xbox One Mini isn't real, says Phil Spencer
- Marvel Studios founder to bring Borderlands to the big screen
- ASUS starts teasing the ROG MATRIX video cards are on their way
- Skylake-powered Retina MacBook models are on their way
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20