ATI's new Radeon X1900XT is probably what the X1800XT should have been - it would have been nice to have this card a few months earlier but we didn't. For people who want a new PCI Express graphics card, this is the card to get right now. It's cheaper then a 512MB GeForce 7800GTX and performance should be similar to higher in places.
GeCube as always have a lighter bundle but this helps keep the price lower with other competitors and give GeCube the edge over the other brands.
The best thing about the X1900XT and XTX is that it's available now which is exactly what we want because ATI really did cop a lot of flack over their past few paper launches. The best thing nVidia did was launch the 7800GTX aggressively because this has set the new trend for high end cards.
We should see Crossfire X1900 in the coming month and the new ATI motherboard in a similar time. Things are looking on the up and up for ATI but we do not doubt that nVidia are going to be aggressive with the GeForce 7900 (G71) at CeBIT in March.
It's looking good for gamers and high end LCD owners as you will find yourselves playing those games at 1920 x 1200 with AA and AF cracked up now!
AA and AF 1600 x 1200 performance
High resolution gaming
Same dimensions as X1800XT
Aggressive GeCube pricing
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup 3DMark03]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' trailer keeps improving
- Intel next-gen Xeon: 59% faster, up to 6TB Optane RAM
- Facebook Live goes social with Live videos with friends
- OnePlus 5 will feature Snapdragon 835, confirms CEO
- Divinity Original Sin 2 launches this September
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017