Package and Contents
ASUS's latest series of deluxe motherboards are now packaged in a black series box with the AILife, ASUS logos and the name of the board model number. The box is a two stage package with an outer boxing that encases the actual boxing that stores all the parts and accessories. On the back of the box is a list of all the features and specifications of the board itself, so you can see what you're getting before you even open the box.
In terms of documentation and install aids, ASUS simply puts in a user manual with a rather large footprint. The manual contains everything you will ever need or want to know about the board. The CD included comes with a digital manual in PDF format, drivers for both Windows XP 32bit and 64bit, depending on what OS you are running. The CD also supports a boot function that if you want to create a Windows Mass Storage Driver Floppy for the nVidia RAID setup you can do it from a menu setup ASUS provides in DOS environment.
ASUS is one of the best manufacturers for adding in extras for their boards. The first thing we saw when opening the box was two special rotary fans. According to the user manual, these fans attach to the heat pipe sinks in the event of the user running water cooling, this we will explain later on in the article.
ASUS is one of the few manufacturers who actually places extra space between their two graphics ports allowing you to use Arctic VGA coolers. The standard PCB based SLI bridge doesn't reach. ASUS uses a ribbon cable that resembles what is used in laptop's to connect track pads to the boards.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- Acer's new laptop rocks unreleased NVIDIA graphics card
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives