Kanie made a name for itself a while back with its model 238 Hedgehog. It provided some much needed cooling options for a processor that was beginning to take the world by storm namely the AMD Thunderbird. Their newest Hedgehog continues to live up to the high standards that were originally set by the company.
If you plan on jumping into the AMD bandwagon and especially if you get one of the newer processors, you're just going to need some very strong cooling capabilities. The Hedgehog cooler here represents a very viable option when it comes to spending your hard earned dollars on a quality heatsink/fan setup.
With two fan options, Kanie has given you some flexibility when it comes time to get a HSF. For those who are looking at either no overclocking or a moderate level of added speed, take a look at the 294M with the Melco fan. It's a slower fan that still allows a very respectable level of cooling under these circumstances. For those who are looking for a more aggressive boost, check into the 294M with the Delta fan. While it doesn't beat out the Gladiator, it does manage to make it a race and also keeps processor temperatures well within acceptable limits.
Bottom line...While not the absolute best heatsink available, it is very competitive and is worthy of your consideration when it comes time to spend some cooling dollars.
Melco fan is QUIET!
Very good cooling (with Delta)
Delta fan option
No thermal paste on base
No fan grill
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter XX coming to Nintendo Switch
- Destiny 2 uses hybrid servers, P2P and peer-to-client
- Dreamcast's Seaman game is getting a sequel
- Only 37% of active PS4 users bought PS Plus
- Capcom wants to resurrect old IPs
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017