Kanie made a name for itself a while back with its model 238 Hedgehog. It provided some much needed cooling options for a processor that was beginning to take the world by storm namely the AMD Thunderbird. Their newest Hedgehog continues to live up to the high standards that were originally set by the company.
If you plan on jumping into the AMD bandwagon and especially if you get one of the newer processors, you're just going to need some very strong cooling capabilities. The Hedgehog cooler here represents a very viable option when it comes to spending your hard earned dollars on a quality heatsink/fan setup.
With two fan options, Kanie has given you some flexibility when it comes time to get a HSF. For those who are looking at either no overclocking or a moderate level of added speed, take a look at the 294M with the Melco fan. It's a slower fan that still allows a very respectable level of cooling under these circumstances. For those who are looking for a more aggressive boost, check into the 294M with the Delta fan. While it doesn't beat out the Gladiator, it does manage to make it a race and also keeps processor temperatures well within acceptable limits.
Bottom line...While not the absolute best heatsink available, it is very competitive and is worthy of your consideration when it comes time to spend some cooling dollars.
Melco fan is QUIET!
Very good cooling (with Delta)
Delta fan option
No thermal paste on base
No fan grill
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Faraday Future keeps teasing their upcoming electric car
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD