Kanie made a name for itself a while back with its model 238 Hedgehog. It provided some much needed cooling options for a processor that was beginning to take the world by storm namely the AMD Thunderbird. Their newest Hedgehog continues to live up to the high standards that were originally set by the company.
If you plan on jumping into the AMD bandwagon and especially if you get one of the newer processors, you're just going to need some very strong cooling capabilities. The Hedgehog cooler here represents a very viable option when it comes to spending your hard earned dollars on a quality heatsink/fan setup.
With two fan options, Kanie has given you some flexibility when it comes time to get a HSF. For those who are looking at either no overclocking or a moderate level of added speed, take a look at the 294M with the Melco fan. It's a slower fan that still allows a very respectable level of cooling under these circumstances. For those who are looking for a more aggressive boost, check into the 294M with the Delta fan. While it doesn't beat out the Gladiator, it does manage to make it a race and also keeps processor temperatures well within acceptable limits.
Bottom line...While not the absolute best heatsink available, it is very competitive and is worthy of your consideration when it comes time to spend some cooling dollars.
Melco fan is QUIET!
Very good cooling (with Delta)
Delta fan option
No thermal paste on base
No fan grill
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NZXT shows off new Puck cable management system
- Switch's add-on box to use the cloud to boost GPU power?
- GabeN admits Steam support needs more work
- First all-electric car ever to complete the Dakar rally
- LG announces X300, an entry-level smartphone
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup