With all the boring bits out the way, we have a look at what we really want to see. The X1800XT is a good looking card with its red and white color scheme - the front of it shows us yet another picture of Ruby with her scary sword. The right of the card has a heatsink that runs up the side of the card to keep a few of those extra components a little cooler and the PCI Express power connector towards the top right corner.
Due to this card having the cover over the fins you don't see the copper fins that are used. If we just move to have a look at the side of the card though we can see that it uses the same setup as our reference card does with the copper fins used to dissipate the heat from the hottest area - the core.
Turning the card over there isn't really much to see. While both nVidia and ATI use 512MB on their highest-end cards, with the memory layout used and density they are able to place all the modules on the front which means that they are all cooled via the fan that also cools the core. The X in the middle helps hold the cooler in the center with a number of other screws sitting out a little bit more to keep it straight and solid at all times. We have our normal information on the back as well which include model/serial and a few other random numbers that probably don't mean much to most people.
Moving over to the I/O side of things we find the double slot having to be used due to the large cooler being found on the card. We also have the dual DVI ports as we mentioned is shown on the front of the box and an S-Video looking port that helps make use of VIVO and HDTV out via the component cables, which we saw on the second page.
One of the best things about this card is the cooler, the build quality of the cooler just feels so good and solid which make it looks like it will cool very effectively.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ESA extends ISS participation to 2024
- AMD Radeon GPU tech will power Intel's next-gen iGPUs
- Titanfall 2 infographic reveal interesting information
- Apple's new MacBook Pro has crappy battery life
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand