At the time of testing the most recent drivers we had were the Catalyst 5.12 drivers but when we finished testing we got a hold of the soon to be released 5.13 drivers which have shown us quite a performance increase for the X850XT card. While we haven't tested the new drivers on the X1800XT, we would assume with very little doubt that we will get a nice healthy increase in all the programs much like the X850XT got it.
The GeCube card as always is a pleasure to use; it overclocks easily, comes with a nice bundle and offers a very competitive price. We have also heard that GeCube are releasing an "Extreme" version of the card which we'll try to get into our labs soon and test.
GeCube have got a nice card here and some people are going to prefer to go down the ATI route as they may feel more comfortable with driver support and just the general support that ATI offer over each month. If you would upgrade from an X850XT to the X1800XT only you can decide and depending on what games you play will help make the decision easier.
In the New Year we hope to see the extreme version of the X1800XT from GeCube.
Nice upgrade from the X850XT overall
Great X1K features
New full version game
Competitive GeCube pricing
New drivers give us a healthy increase
Still not as fast as the 512MB 7800GTX
Rating - 8.5 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huge cyber attack involved 10s of millions IP addresses
- Apple's iPod changed the world of music 15 years ago
- ARK: Survival Evolved update: new dinos, maps, and more
- AT&T buys HBO, Warner Bros., and CNN for $80 billion
- Shadow Warrior 2 patched, includes several optimizations
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook