At the time of testing the most recent drivers we had were the Catalyst 5.12 drivers but when we finished testing we got a hold of the soon to be released 5.13 drivers which have shown us quite a performance increase for the X850XT card. While we haven't tested the new drivers on the X1800XT, we would assume with very little doubt that we will get a nice healthy increase in all the programs much like the X850XT got it.
The GeCube card as always is a pleasure to use; it overclocks easily, comes with a nice bundle and offers a very competitive price. We have also heard that GeCube are releasing an "Extreme" version of the card which we'll try to get into our labs soon and test.
GeCube have got a nice card here and some people are going to prefer to go down the ATI route as they may feel more comfortable with driver support and just the general support that ATI offer over each month. If you would upgrade from an X850XT to the X1800XT only you can decide and depending on what games you play will help make the decision easier.
In the New Year we hope to see the extreme version of the X1800XT from GeCube.
Nice upgrade from the X850XT overall
Great X1K features
New full version game
Competitive GeCube pricing
New drivers give us a healthy increase
Still not as fast as the 512MB 7800GTX
Rating - 8.5 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Forza Motorsport 7 requires GTX 1080/Vega for 4K 60FPS
- ASUS makes ROG Strix Radeon RX Vega series official
- Project CARS 2 screenshots from Gamescom 2017: DELICIOUS
- Radeon Vega 8, Vega 10 spotted: Raven Ridge APU tech?
- CRYENGINE environments look better than real life
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect