Even with the power of the AMD Athlon X2 and Intel Extreme Edition processors, we still find ourselves hitting a CPU limitation in a lot of our benchmarks. That is, the graphics cards have more performance to give but the processor is letting the team down.
By overclocking the processor we can see what kind of a performance increase we get. When something isn't CPU limited the performance increase isn't all that major but when we do have a CPU bottleneck, every MHz extra we can get can show us an excellent jump in performance.
The Athlon X2 3800+ was increased from 2GHz to 2.45GHz with a slight increase in the front side bus utilizing the stock X2 heatsink fan.
While we have quite a large CPU overclock the performance increase isn't huge.
Here we can see that the performance increase is seen at the lower resolution.
Far Cry being so CPU limited sees massive performance gains with our CPU overclock.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch to have Gamecube Virtual Console games
- Sony's new add-on merges trading cards with mobile games
- Sony making Wild Arms, Arc the Lad smartphone games
- The Last Guardian critics opinion wrap up and analysis
- Nolan confirms HBO's 'Westworld' won't return until 2018
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel
- Western Digital introduces new 12TB and 14TB enterprise-class HDDs and SSDs