While PCI-X has been given its final marching orders, it still has some life left to it for the server markets over the next 2-3 years as it is slowly phased out. PCI-X has served its purpose as the high speed PCI bus of the past, but now must pass the torch over to PCI Express and its ability to deliver far greater bandwidth at a much more sensible price.
Highpoint has been a PCI-X fan with quite a few offerings to the server market in the past, and the RocketRAID 2220 offers nothing but the best in features. The idea behind the span linked controller cards is also a first, while nVidia offers something similar with allowing IDE and SATA to be RAID'ed together, it cannot offer 16 drive compatibility with the redundancy that this controller has to offer.
Overall the setup procedure was as simple as 1-2-3. Windows was able to detect it, install the drivers flawlessly and continue on it way without any problem or hiccups that we have experienced with other controllers in the past.
Supports 16 drive span with two identical cards
Redundancy with RAID 5
Supports backwards compatibility with 66MHz and 100MHz PCI-X slots
Audio alarm of drive failure
PCI-X only on servers, not available for desktops
PCI-X is an aging standard
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Performance Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei launches new nova 2 with dual rear camera
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017