While PCI-X has been given its final marching orders, it still has some life left to it for the server markets over the next 2-3 years as it is slowly phased out. PCI-X has served its purpose as the high speed PCI bus of the past, but now must pass the torch over to PCI Express and its ability to deliver far greater bandwidth at a much more sensible price.
Highpoint has been a PCI-X fan with quite a few offerings to the server market in the past, and the RocketRAID 2220 offers nothing but the best in features. The idea behind the span linked controller cards is also a first, while nVidia offers something similar with allowing IDE and SATA to be RAID'ed together, it cannot offer 16 drive compatibility with the redundancy that this controller has to offer.
Overall the setup procedure was as simple as 1-2-3. Windows was able to detect it, install the drivers flawlessly and continue on it way without any problem or hiccups that we have experienced with other controllers in the past.
Supports 16 drive span with two identical cards
Redundancy with RAID 5
Supports backwards compatibility with 66MHz and 100MHz PCI-X slots
Audio alarm of drive failure
PCI-X only on servers, not available for desktops
PCI-X is an aging standard
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Performance Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PC game release deals: Shadow Tactics + Arizona Sunshine
- Five budget laptops under $300 deals for Christmas
- PlayStation 4 breaks 50 million sales milestone
- Western Digital reveals new 12TB Helium He12 hard drives
- Tech companies team up to create Global VR Association
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel