As you would expect from what seems to be the cheapest 512MB 7800GTX on the block, the board follows a very reference design. Some companies simply place a sticker on the front of the cooler but we suppose this takes time and time is money. Once the card is slotted in your PCI Express slot anyway the chances are that you won't be looking at it all that much as opposed to what it can do.
The 7800GTX cooler found on the 512MB cards are great. As you can see we have the heat pipes coming out the top of the card, we can also see here the SLI connector across the top for those who are lucky enough to have two of these bad boys. Moving to the side of the card we can see the aluminum fins coming out the side of the cooler to help move the heat away from the core and memory.
Turning the card over we don't see much at all, because all the memory is located on the front side of the card. You have got your screws all over the card that help keep the cooler on the front in place along with a whole bunch of circuitry that does go over our heads.
Moving over to the side of the card as you would expect with the reference cooler, it takes up two slots in your motherboard and case. We have three normal plugs located on the card, the extremely handy Dual DVI ports along with the S-Video like port that helps us make use of VIVO and Component out with the cables provided inside.
The card to look at isn't anything out of the ordinary or anything exciting. What we want to know is just because it lacks a sticker here and there; does that mean performance is going to suffer? We doubt it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- UK debuts its 'UK Against ISIL' social media account
- Phiaton launches PS 202 NC active noise cancellation earphones
- Famed astronaut Buzz Aldrin shares his 'master plan' for Mars
- LG partners with REEDS Jewelers for the LG Watch Urbane Luxe
- Report: Prior to breach, no one wanted to purchase Ashley Madison
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- x99 Extreme 4/3.1 Red Light + No Display
- Build Advice End of 2015 ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1
- X99 Extreme 6ac eSATA
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20