The Galaxy graphics card is a fantastic buy for people who just find that they cannot bring themselves to spend over $1000 AUD on a graphics card. There is no doubt that the 7800GTX 512MB is an expensive card and its all good and well ATI saying that the 512MB 7800GTX shouldn't be compared against their 512MB X1800XT but their TBA card.
ATI's fastest card is the X1800XT 512MB, nVidia's is the 512MB 7800GTX - both are available and both are expensive. The nVidia option does cost more then the ATI one though it does give more performance. If it offers enough performance to justify the extra $150 AUD, only you can decide which one to choose.
While we think the Galaxy is a fantastic buy others still might find it a little bit too expensive. The good thing is you can purchase one today and pick up another one in a few months and have an absolutely killer rig.
We can see that performance is going to be the same as any brand 7800GTX utilizing stock speeds but people will still buy other brands because they feel more comfortable with them or they do want the games and the extras included in the package.
Galaxy is a new brand for us here but if first looks are anything to go by, it looks like we could have a real winner on our hands as far as pricing is concerned - no frills packaging but performance on tap.
The cheapest 7800GTX 512MB available
The same features as other GTX 512MB
It's a 7800GTX for under $1000 AUD
Light bundle due to price
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Value Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SpaceX plans first launch since September's explosion
- Final Fantasy XV first impressions
- Watch Dogs 2 updated on the PC, long list of fixes
- Del Toro: F*ck Konami, killing Silent Hills was moronic
- NBA is being aired in 4K in the US this weekend
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset