Graphics Card Overclocking
Thanks to motherboard and VGA manufactures, overclocking has become such an effortless task, giving literally anyone the chance to overclock their components with very little risk.
When it comes to overclocking graphics card we use and recommend two program - for ATI cards you can't go past ATI Tool and if you're on the other side of the fence and using an nVidia card the Coolbits 2 registry hack is it. Both programs offer an Auto Overclock feature which is what we use.
The Galaxy 512MB 7800GTX was increased from 550MHz on the core to 576MHz and the memory was increased from the standard 1.7GHz to 1.74GHz. Unfortunately not a huge overclock but we are seeing this on most 7800GTX 512MB cards at the moment.
The small overclock gives us a small increase in 3DMark03.
Doom 3 doesn't get any advantages with the overclock with the scores being almost identical in both tests.
Far Cry being so CPU limited doesn't see anything when we overclock the card unlike our CPU overclock tests we saw on the previous page.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft begins Xbox One S deals, includes Gold access
- Windows 10 VR paving way for Project Scorpio VR gaming
- Microsoft announces $299 VR headset for Windows 10
- World of Warcraft Patch 7.1 is now live
- New Surface Studio AiO rocks GTX 980M, 4.5K display
- Battlefield 1 PC Performance and Quality Report
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards