The Foxconn 6150K8MA-8EKRS motherboard has all the aspects to not only make a good motherboard but a great motherboard. The nVidia C51 chipset is excellent and gives good general processor and memory performance. The additional of the PCI Express 16x slot means that while you may not be able to afford that expensive graphics card today, when you can, there is a space for it. While the onboard video isn't all that good for recently released games, for older generation games it would offer a playable situation when running at the lower resolution.
The overclocking results were what really surprised us with it being able to achieve a 20% increase in clock speeds. While the BIOS isn't all that in-depth, it is easy to do things like overclocking and thanks to a lot of options being limited you couldn't get into any real trouble.
If you're aiming for a home theater computer, the passive cooled chipset makes it an ideal solution thanks to no noise and with the on board video and TV Out being available you don't have to get a video card.
Three PCI slots is handy for one or two digital TV tuners and a decent quality sound card - there is no denying that no motherboard provides a very high quality onboard sound controller, so this wasn't a shock to us with the Foxconn 6150 board.
To top it all off there were lots of features that you see on full size boards included on this little micro ATX board like four SATA ports, two PATA ports, three PCI slots and 4 DIMM slots.
There is no denying that if you want record breaking performance you should look at other motherboards but if you do want an easy to setup, good performing, feature packed board that isn't going to put a dent in your pocket and sit nicely in your living room as the base of a HTPC, the Foxconn 6150K8MA-8EKRS is for you
Onboard Video with TV Out
Three PCI slots
Four SATA ports
Surprising overclocking results
Easy to use BIOS
Really only 640 x 480 gaming with recent releases
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Value Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Package and Contents]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - CPU Overclocking]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD revenues up 23% thanks to record SoC, GPU, APU sales
- AMD preparing $10,000 graphics card with 1TB+ of RAM
- Red Dead Redemption 2 favors PS4 with early content
- Musk shows capabilities of the new self-driving hardware
- Landing on Mars didn't go as planned
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- EVGA DG-87 Full-Tower Gaming Chassis Review
- New PC - no display on a screen, 3 beeps
- windows usb install file
- GIGABYTE P55W v6 Gaming Notebook Review
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system
- PowerColor starts selling the DEVIL Box external graphics solution
- ESL to power PlayStation 4 competitive gaming
- Samsung rolls out industry's first 8GB LPDDR4 DRAM package