The Foxconn 6150K8MA-8EKRS motherboard has all the aspects to not only make a good motherboard but a great motherboard. The nVidia C51 chipset is excellent and gives good general processor and memory performance. The additional of the PCI Express 16x slot means that while you may not be able to afford that expensive graphics card today, when you can, there is a space for it. While the onboard video isn't all that good for recently released games, for older generation games it would offer a playable situation when running at the lower resolution.
The overclocking results were what really surprised us with it being able to achieve a 20% increase in clock speeds. While the BIOS isn't all that in-depth, it is easy to do things like overclocking and thanks to a lot of options being limited you couldn't get into any real trouble.
If you're aiming for a home theater computer, the passive cooled chipset makes it an ideal solution thanks to no noise and with the on board video and TV Out being available you don't have to get a video card.
Three PCI slots is handy for one or two digital TV tuners and a decent quality sound card - there is no denying that no motherboard provides a very high quality onboard sound controller, so this wasn't a shock to us with the Foxconn 6150 board.
To top it all off there were lots of features that you see on full size boards included on this little micro ATX board like four SATA ports, two PATA ports, three PCI slots and 4 DIMM slots.
There is no denying that if you want record breaking performance you should look at other motherboards but if you do want an easy to setup, good performing, feature packed board that isn't going to put a dent in your pocket and sit nicely in your living room as the base of a HTPC, the Foxconn 6150K8MA-8EKRS is for you
Onboard Video with TV Out
Three PCI slots
Four SATA ports
Surprising overclocking results
Easy to use BIOS
Really only 640 x 480 gaming with recent releases
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Value Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Package and Contents]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - CPU Overclocking]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- SAPPHIRE announces RX 580 Nitro+ Special Edition
- Oppo R11 launch date and first images of the phone leak
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017