This is the first of what we hope are many Foxconn motherboards to make their way into the TweakTown labs.
While Foxconn are right up the top being one of the biggest computer manufactures in the world, a lot of people haven't heard about them as their segment has always been about OEM and ODM - take a look at just about any motherboard though and you'll likely see some type of Foxconn connector or adapter.
This year saw Foxconn come out of the fox hole and show their face in the channel retail business and let people know that they are able to make more then just OEM motherboards and connectors.
We have with us here today one of the latest motherboards from Foxconn with the very tongue twisting name of the Foxconn 6150K8MA-8EKRS. Not the easiest motherboard model to remember off the top of your head but does let us know straight away that it utilizes the nVidia C51 chipset utilizing the onboard 6150 graphics controller along with it being for the K8 or Athlon 64/FX/X2 line up. Foxconn might want to re-think their naming convention as it's not really a practical naming scheme - can you imagine going into a computer store and trying to memorize the model number? No, we didn't think so.
The motherboard is only little and not packed to the brim with fancy cables and funky colors. The feeling we get with this board is that it is aimed for that ever growing home theater segment. Let's have a quick once over on the motherboard and find out how we tested it and what we thought about it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Package and Contents]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - CPU Overclocking]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- StarCraft remastered announced by Blizzard
- The first sign of Kaby Lake X: the Intel Core i7-7740K
- AMD Ryzen with 12C/24T appears, excites us all so much
- AMD teases Radeon RX Vega is 'just around the corner'
- New 'Justice League' trailer comes together
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse