This is the first of what we hope are many Foxconn motherboards to make their way into the TweakTown labs.
While Foxconn are right up the top being one of the biggest computer manufactures in the world, a lot of people haven't heard about them as their segment has always been about OEM and ODM - take a look at just about any motherboard though and you'll likely see some type of Foxconn connector or adapter.
This year saw Foxconn come out of the fox hole and show their face in the channel retail business and let people know that they are able to make more then just OEM motherboards and connectors.
We have with us here today one of the latest motherboards from Foxconn with the very tongue twisting name of the Foxconn 6150K8MA-8EKRS. Not the easiest motherboard model to remember off the top of your head but does let us know straight away that it utilizes the nVidia C51 chipset utilizing the onboard 6150 graphics controller along with it being for the K8 or Athlon 64/FX/X2 line up. Foxconn might want to re-think their naming convention as it's not really a practical naming scheme - can you imagine going into a computer store and trying to memorize the model number? No, we didn't think so.
The motherboard is only little and not packed to the brim with fancy cables and funky colors. The feeling we get with this board is that it is aimed for that ever growing home theater segment. Let's have a quick once over on the motherboard and find out how we tested it and what we thought about it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Package and Contents]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - CPU Overclocking]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- Intel MOBO with Fast POST boot time
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform