Final ThoughtsIt certainly seems that ULi is starting to show that with the right incentive and the proper R&D money, even a budget orientated chipset company can move its way into the high end market and start to try and take on the king of gaming chipsets right now, which is of course nVidia.
The M1697 showed an impressive performance curve. Not only this but some of the major features that were lacking in the M1695 chipset have been rectified like SLI and Crossfire support, SATA-3G controller and being based on a single chip allows for a cheaper overall cost to the consumer. ULi have hit the nail on the head with the M1697.
Our initial impression from even the reference board is that ULi has a winner - its now really up to the third party Taiwan manufacturers like ASUS, Gigabyte and various others to take up the ULI chipset. Hopefully we will see Crossfire and SLI motherboards with this chipset soon as it will definitely heat up the market and make things interesting.
We really like what ULi are doing lately but we just want to see more motherboard companies take on the chipset and build a real enthusiast motherboard based on the M1697 chipset!
SATA 2.5 controller
Single Chip (Like nForce 4 AMD)
Supports SLI and Crossfire
Cheaper than nForce 4
No Native Gigabit NIC
Rating - 9 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild looks GLORIOUS in 1080p 60FPS
- Xbox One X day one 'Scorpio Edition' console teased
- Galaxy Note 8 might rock next-gen Qualcomm camera tech
- ASUS STRIX Vega 64 trades blows with reference Vega 64
- AMD addresses Radeon RX Vega pricing, stock issues
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes