It has been only three months since ULi announced its first generation PCI Express based chipsets for both the Intel Pentium 4 family and the AMD64 family. ULi has put a lot of effort, money and research into producing a new generation of chipsets that hopefully will bring them from the ranks of the budget chipset manufacturers up to the level of the full blown enthusiast system contenders to battle with ATI and its Crossfire chipsets and nVidia with its nForce 4 chipsets.
Our last look at the ULi offerings was the M1695 chipset, a very impressive delve into the AMD64 market with its ability to support PCI Express x16 graphics and native AGP graphics when paired with the ULi Southbridge containing a AGP controller or a second PCI Express x16 graphics port with ULi's upcoming companion Southbridge.
Today we are looking at a whole new chipset, designed around the principal of the nForce 4 chipset - that is, a single chip solution. These not only save real estate on AMD64 boards but also reduces overall cost, as you don't need to have two chips in order to run the system like VIA and SiS require.
Today we look at the M1697 Single Chip AMD64 solution and reference board from ULi. How will it stack against the M1695 predecessor and the competition from nVidia? Let's find out!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Samsung offers iPhone users $200 if they switch to a new Galaxy phone
- CryEngine 3 used for interior rendering demo, and it looks amazing
- iPhone 6S to feature upgraded 4K-capable rear-facing camera, and more
- Star Citizen's social module launches alongside v1.2 patch
- Razer launches new Nabu smartband wearable during PAX Prime
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20