It has been only three months since ULi announced its first generation PCI Express based chipsets for both the Intel Pentium 4 family and the AMD64 family. ULi has put a lot of effort, money and research into producing a new generation of chipsets that hopefully will bring them from the ranks of the budget chipset manufacturers up to the level of the full blown enthusiast system contenders to battle with ATI and its Crossfire chipsets and nVidia with its nForce 4 chipsets.
Our last look at the ULi offerings was the M1695 chipset, a very impressive delve into the AMD64 market with its ability to support PCI Express x16 graphics and native AGP graphics when paired with the ULi Southbridge containing a AGP controller or a second PCI Express x16 graphics port with ULi's upcoming companion Southbridge.
Today we are looking at a whole new chipset, designed around the principal of the nForce 4 chipset - that is, a single chip solution. These not only save real estate on AMD64 boards but also reduces overall cost, as you don't need to have two chips in order to run the system like VIA and SiS require.
Today we look at the M1697 Single Chip AMD64 solution and reference board from ULi. How will it stack against the M1695 predecessor and the competition from nVidia? Let's find out!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft has reportedly fired 60 engineers working on HoloLens
- Recreational drone literally pokes UK toddler's eye out
- Nintendo NX has a 60% chance at succeeding, says analyst
- iPad Pro chip A9X broken down, specs revealed
- AMD Crimson driver causing fan issues, hotfix incoming
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis