It has been only three months since ULi announced its first generation PCI Express based chipsets for both the Intel Pentium 4 family and the AMD64 family. ULi has put a lot of effort, money and research into producing a new generation of chipsets that hopefully will bring them from the ranks of the budget chipset manufacturers up to the level of the full blown enthusiast system contenders to battle with ATI and its Crossfire chipsets and nVidia with its nForce 4 chipsets.
Our last look at the ULi offerings was the M1695 chipset, a very impressive delve into the AMD64 market with its ability to support PCI Express x16 graphics and native AGP graphics when paired with the ULi Southbridge containing a AGP controller or a second PCI Express x16 graphics port with ULi's upcoming companion Southbridge.
Today we are looking at a whole new chipset, designed around the principal of the nForce 4 chipset - that is, a single chip solution. These not only save real estate on AMD64 boards but also reduces overall cost, as you don't need to have two chips in order to run the system like VIA and SiS require.
Today we look at the M1697 Single Chip AMD64 solution and reference board from ULi. How will it stack against the M1695 predecessor and the competition from nVidia? Let's find out!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How you can become a hacker's worst nightmare
- Snapchat announces sunglasses with a built-in camera
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now