Inside the Package
Once you break the little seals that hold the plastic clamshell together, you'll be greeted with what you see above. This consists of the player (a good start), a set of earpieces, a utility disk, a USB transfer cable, a small manual and even a battery.
To start things off I wanted to point out that this small unit does produce stereo sound. While not a huge thing in most stereos for some time now, I've seen that some of the smaller MP3 audio products don't always include this feature. Its good to know that when you listen to your music, it will be put out in the manner it was meant to be.
Moving on to the player itself, we see a small sized component that measures in at a wee 85mm x 28mm x 28mm. For those without a metric mind, this works out to roughly 4.5" x 1" x 1" in overall size. On the front side you'll notice a small LCD screen. When I say small, I mean just that. It is a 96x64 pixel screen but is an OLED type display that is capable of producing 65,000 colors. While some may think this is too small to be of any use, I look at things in a bit different light. I'd rather have a small display than no display at all. Given the overall package size, this is a workable solution.
To help control the functions of the device, we have a small joystick that allows you to enter into the main menu area and navigate the functions. These functions are covered in the manual and are very simple to understand and use.
On the right hand side (or top if you're watching a video file) you'll find some more functionality. These buttons allow you to move between save points in your file, adjust tone levels, and pause and play your file. Pretty basic functions that are all located together for ease of use.
Directly opposite are the USB port and a HOLD button that works as a lockout device for the other function keys to prevent accidentally affecting some features while the device is stored away in a pocket, purse or whatever.
Also of note is that the Video MP3 400 is fully USB 2.0 compliant so you can expect speedy data transfers when you're loading up with your favorite tunes or videos.
The final area of the main unit is the top portion, which has a port for the earpieces and the microphone. Oh, I didn't mention the recording capabilities? Well, the Video MP3 400 also allows you to record notes you make to yourself and play them back. This makes it a very handy pocket recorder for the student or business person who is getting ready for that big presentation.
If you happen to be the type of person who doesn't care for the little earpieces, fell free to use a normal set of headphones if you like. Even PC speakers will work with the standard earphone jack on the top end of this thing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung Pearl Black S7 edge comes with more storage
- 'Spider-Man' comes home in first trailer
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel