Seagate may have been later to the market with its 300MB/s drives than that of Maxtor, WD or Samsung but Seagate has waited till the right time, when SATA 2.5 has been finalised, and this has proven to be a winning combination as far as we are concerned.
Seagate's 7200.9 hard disk drive is fully compatible with all SATA-II motherboards at the full 300MB/s transfer rate without any compatibility problems and it also contains the full SATA 2.5 features, which a lot of other SATA-II drives don't support.
It is clear to see that the waiting has paid off, with performance beating that of the largest competitor on the market, Western Digital's Caviar SE drive as well as the previous generation 7200.8 drive.
Overall we found the drive to be extremely quiet, very fast and with a size of 500GB, it manages to top out as the highest capacity drive available at time of writing. It has everything going for it and deserves plenty of your consideration.
True SATA 2.5 Compliancy (features all SATA-II items)
Fully compatible with all SATA-II motherboards @ 300MB/s
Extremely quiet - a HTPC's friend
Drives as small as 40GB up to 500GB
Price per GB at a very good level
Needs 16MB of cache on all drives to take advantage of NCQ properly
- Latest Pricing
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Performance Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huge cyber attack involved 10s of millions IP addresses
- Apple's iPod changed the world of music 15 years ago
- ARK: Survival Evolved update: new dinos, maps, and more
- AT&T buys HBO, Warner Bros., and CNN for $80 billion
- Shadow Warrior 2 patched, includes several optimizations
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook